New Folder Test Cases In Windows OS: In this article, we look at a set of test cases for the new Windows software Folder layout introduced in the Windows Anniversary Update. We’ll also take a look at where you can find information about these features in the latest version of Windows and how to debug them.
A folder test case is a unit of software testing, specifically a test case that tests the folder structure. Folder test cases are one of the best ways to simulate human behavior when performing automated software testing, especially for the creation and maintenance of folders. This article provides an overview of the most common folder test cases and will teach you how to create new ones from scratch.
|Post On:||Test Case For New Folder|
|Post Type:||Manual Test Case Example|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join Here:||SoftwareTestingo Group Link|
A test case is a set of steps that perform a particular task and verify that the application performs it correctly. A folder test case is just like any other test case, but instead of performing a single task, it runs through all the different actions performed by the user while opening a folder.
What is a Folder?
In computers, a folder is a virtual location for applications, documents, data, or other sub-folders. Folders help in storing and organizing files and data on the computer. The term is most commonly used with graphical user interface operating systems.
New Folder Test Cases
We Can validate a New Folder that may be on a Windows OS, Mac OS, New folder Gmail, or Maybe New Folder on iPhone, but we can do the functional, usability, security tests.
- Creation of folder with all kinds of characters like underscore , hyphen should work.
- Verify for all special characters from keyboards like @,&,^ should not work.
- Check duplicate folders with same name should not be permitted.
- Validate handling of folder creation after 256 characters on windows should not be allowed.
- Check unicode characters should not be allowed.
- Check renaming of already created folder should display a pop up warning window.
- Check renamed folder name should not conflict with already existing folder but warn user from doing it.
- Creation of multiple folders should work
- Creation of multiple folder of different kinds should be supported.
- Maximum limit of folder name should be defined.
- Empty name folder should not be allowed
- Right click on folder should display multiple options of the folder
- Shotcuts like CTRL+N , CTRL +SHIFT+N. DELETE , SHIFT+ DELETE should work in windows OS for creation of folder and deletion of folders.
- Check for permission of folders.
- Check the folder when copied to different OS should work.
- Check for the protection of folder from malware.
- Check locking of folder can be done easily.
- Check for Antivirus settings , if folder creation is blocked.
- Check folder creation behavior when system is infected by virus.
- Drag and drop of folders should work in windows.
- Check the folder while creation or deletion should not take much time.
Positive Test Cases
- Verify the desktop or in any window by right-clicking on it, new folder option should be visible
- Verify by clicking on the new folder option a new folder should get create on desktop/particular window
- Verify the desktop/particular window new folder be created on it.
- Verify it by double-clicking, it should be an empty folder.
Shortcuts & Max Limits Test Cases
- The creation of multiple folders should work
- The creation of multiple folders of different kinds should be supported.
- The maximum limit of the folder name should be defined.
- Empty name folder should not be allowed
- Right-click on folder should display multiple options of the folder
- Shortcuts like CTRL+N, CTRL +SHIFT+N. DELETE, SHIFT+ DELETE should work in windows OS for the creation of folders and deletion of folders.
Permissions & Settings Test Cases
- Check for the permission of folders.
- Check the folder when copied to a different OS should work.
- Check for the protection of the folder from malware.
- Check the locking of the folder can be done easily.
- Check for Antivirus settings, if folder creation is blocked.
- Check folder creation behavior when the system is infected by a virus.
Negative Test Cases
- Check if a user renaming one of the already created folders should display a pop-up warning window.
- Check renamed folder name should not conflict with an already existing folder but warn users from doing it.
So in this way you can create the test cases for a new folder. Hope you understand the points and if you know more test cases then discuss with me and guide me if I am wrong.