What are some test cases for Forgot Password?
Forget Password Test Case
- To check whether when we select the forgot password to link it is directing to forgot the password link page.
- To check whether in that page it must ask for alternate email id to send the link
- To check whether the link was sent to the mail to which the user has provided
- To check whether the link can be used once once
- To check whether when the user using the link for more than one time it should be dissolved
- To check whether the user opens the link it should ask the security question same at the time he registered
- To check whether the answer is given by the user at that time and he has given while at the time of registering must be the same
- To check whether the user gives any wrong answer then it must ask for the user to wait and to get more details to get his password
- To check whether the user gives the correct answer then the link should move to the new password page
- To check whether the user enters the new password and retype the password both should match until the new password should not be set
- To check whether once the password is set then the account should ask the user to move to his account or exit
- To check whether the user now logs in with the new password and it is working
In software testing there are more test cases for Forgot password:
Check Also: Different Manual Test Cases
- To check that the forgot password link redirected to the forgot password page.
- To check in forgot password link page it asks mail id to send the link.
- To check that the mail has come to the given mail id.
- To check the time duration to access the link.
- To check whether the link can use how many times.
- To check the security questions in that link are similar to the questions which are selected during registration.
- To check if the answer is wrong means it can move to the next question.
- To check if the answer is to write the link can move to the new password page.
- To check whether it asks to type a new password and retype the new password.
- To check if the password is set then it moves to the account page.
- To check whether the user login with the new password is working.