Here we shared Test Cases For Forgot Password which we use in website application. While writing Forgot password test cases for forgot password page write the test cases for all the fields. There should be a combination of both positive and negative test cases. Try to cover the performance, security, and functional scenarios.
|Post On:||Test Case For Forget Password|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join:||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group|
People reset their password when they don’t remember it. That’s the most obvious scenario you can think of while writing the test cases. People also need to reset their passwords when the app has some security issues.
In this post, we are trying to cover the widespread and generic scenarios of Forget password test cases. But still, we believe if you think about the more on Forget password test cases, then you may find some other scenario. Let us know in the comment section of the then missed scene so that we can update this article.
Test Cases For Forget Password
- Check the forget password link is available in the login screen or not.
- Check on click of forget password link user should be redirected to the forget password page.
- Check is the email field is present on the forget password page to recover the password.
- Check that forgot password page have the valid fields as per requirement or not (email text box , send button , etc).
- Check that when user enter the valid email id and click on send button.
- Check the forgot password functionality when user enter the wrong email id and click on send button.
- Check the forgot password functionality when user enter valid email id and click on send button then a forgot password link received on entered email id or not.
- Check the alert message when user enter the unregistered email id and click on save.
- Check that Confirmation message showing or not when user enter valid registered email id and click on send button.
- Check the recover link is sent with the mail to which the user has provided.
- Check the sent password link should be disabled on clicking on multiple times on the link or as per specification and requirement.
- Check the functionality if there is resend button.
- Check the time duration to access the link.
- Check the link sent to the user should expire after a certain time.
- Check whether the link can be used once or how many times.
- Check that after clicking on received forgot password link it open in new window or not.
- Check the new password page have the valid fields as per requirement or not (new password text box, confirm new password and save/submit button etc).
- Check whether it asks to type a new password and retype the new password.
- Check whether the user enters the new password and retype/confirmn the password both should match until the new password should not be set.
- Check is the error message is displaying when both password are not matched.
- Check the sucess message showing or not when user save the password successfully.
- Check whether once the password is set then the account should ask the user to move to his account or exit.
- Check once the user update password, the user should be log out from all browser and devices. (As per the requirements)
- Check whether the user login with the new password is working.
For more information, we have added one Test Case document which helps you. Just click on the link and you can get the document.
If you still want to contribute something to the testing community regarding Forget password test cases test scenarios or any programs, then you can share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.