Here we shared Test Cases For Forgot Password which we use in website application. While writing Forgot password test cases for forgot password page write the test cases for all the fields. There should be a combination of both positive and negative test cases. Try to cover the performance, security, and functional scenarios.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Forget Password|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Forget Password Test Case
- To check whether when we select the forgot password to link it is directing to forgot the password link page.
- To check whether in that page it must ask for alternate email id to send the link
- To check whether the link was sent to the mail to which the user has provided
- To check whether the link can be used once once
- To check whether when the user using the link for more than one time it should be dissolved
- To check whether the user opens the link it should ask the security question same at the time he registered
- To check whether the answer is given by the user at that time and he has given while at the time of registering must be the same
- To check whether the user gives any wrong answer then it must ask for the user to wait and to get more details to get his password
- To check whether the user gives the correct answer then the link should move to the new password page
- To check whether the user enters the new password and retype the password both should match until the new password should not be set
- To check whether once the password is set then the account should ask the user to move to his account or exit
- To check whether the user now logs in with the new password and it is working
In software testing there are more test cases for Forgot password:
- To check that the forgot password link redirected to the forgot password page.
- To check in forgot password link page it asks mail id to send the link.
- To check that the mail has come to the given mail id.
- To check the time duration to access the link.
- To check whether the link can use how many times.
- To check the security questions in that link are similar to the questions which are selected during registration.
- To check if the answer is wrong means it can move to the next question.
- To check if the answer is to write the link can move to the new password page.
- To check whether it asks to type a new password and retype the new password.
- To check if the password is set then it moves to the account page.
- To check whether the user login with the new password is working.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Test Case For Find Replace||☑️ Test Case For Flight Reservation System|
|☑️ Test Case For Gmail||☑️ Test Case For Google Hangout|
Thanks To one of our reader, who shared some of the test cases for Forget Password. I hope this scenario you can also go through and get some idea.
- Check the forget password link is there in the Login screen.
- After clicked link page should navigate to forgot password page.
- Ensure that the page should have the fields for Secret Question (Drop-down list/Text Box) and Secret Answer.
- Ensure that the Secret Question should be pre-loaded if the screen provides a drop-down list box.
- Check the Alert message for entered the wrong/invalid Secret Question and wrong/invalid Secret Answer.
- Check the Alert message for entered the correct Secret Question and wrong/invalid secret Answer.
- Check that the application should generate Temperory/Actual Password in view/mail for entered the correct Secret Question and correct secret answer.
- Pre-requisite: If Temperory password is generated, the application should force the user to change the password (navigate to Change Password page) after login.
- Pre-requisite: If the actual password is generated, the user should LoggedIn with the valid username and password.
- Enter the Invalid answer for the wrong Secret Question in the drop-down list (should display an alert message, force the user to fill correct answer)
- Enter the Valid answer for the wrong Secret Question in the drop-down list(should display an alert message, force the user to fill the correct question & answer)
- Enter the invalid answer for the correct secret question in the drop-down list(should display an alert message, force the user to fill the correct answer)
- Enter the valid answer and valid secret question in the drop-down list (should generate a temporary password and send to the user, via mail or displayed according to requirement)
- User entered the username and temporary password in the login page. ( Page navigates to the Change password page, force the user to change the temp password)
In this post, we are trying to cover the widespread and generic scenarios of Forget password test cases. But still, we believe if you think about the more on Forget password test cases, then you may find some other scenario. Let us know in the comment section of the then missed scene so that we can update this article.
For more information we have added one Test Case document which helps you. Just click on the link and you can get the document.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test cases for submit button||☑️ Test cases for Facebook|
|☑️ Password expiration test cases||☑️ Sample test cases for registration form in excel sheet|
|☑️ Test scenarios for Flipkart application||☑️ Test cases for Instagram|
|☑️ Search test cases||☑️ Test cases for gender field|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at email@example.com.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
If you still want to contribute something to the testing community regarding Forget password test cases or test scenarios or any programs, then you can share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.