Test Case For Facebook: In this post, we will present some test scenarios of Facebook. Although there would be thousands of test cases for Facebook, we are limiting the tests to standard features like – profile setting, comments, and posts in the timeline. We will leave features like creating signup, login, page creation, group creation, events, etc.
If you looking for more manual test case examples, then you can follow the link. where we are trying to share almost 200+ test cases.
|Post On:||Test Scenarios For Facebook|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join Here:||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group Link|
Please note that the below of test scenario writing, the tests are nowhere related to actual Facebook’s testing. For login and registration functionality, check Test Scenarios for Login (login.html) and Test Scenarios for Registration (registration.html).
Test Scenarios For Facebook User Timeline
- Check whether the user can upload his profile picture from his computer.
- Check whether the user can upload his picture from his mobile.
- Check a user can reuse one of the previously uploaded photos as a profile picture.
- Check is the user is ready to take a picture from a webcam and set as a profile picture.
- Check is the user can set a cover picture selecting an image on his computer.
- Check is the user can set the cover picture by using his mobile
- Check whether the user can change his cover picture by using one of the existing picture office profile
- Check whether a user can update his cover picture by taking the image from a webcam or enable camera
- Check when you tried to upload an unsupported picture format then it should display an error message
- Check whether you were getting an error message when you tried to upload a maximum file from the allowed file size
- Check whether you are getting an error message when you are trying to upload a file which is less than the minimum permitted file size
- Check whether you are getting an error message or not when you try to upload the maximum allowed size (dimensions) of the picture
- Check whether you are getting an error message when you try to upload a photo, which is less than the permitted minimum dimension.
- Check whether the image is displayed in user time timeline and the comment section after successful upload the picture
- Check after pasting a link on the timeline, is the respective links preview is showing on the timeline
- Check whether you can take other users on your timeline
- Check whether users can see your timeline as per your privacy settings
- Check whether the users can see the comments like shares and reaction of a post
- Check whether a user can like your post, share your post or comment on a post of your timeline
Test Scenario For Friends and their Timelines
- Check weather is kind to the user can find friends using the Facebook friend-finding functionality.
- Check a user can send a friend request to anyone.
- Check a user can navigate one of his friend’s friend and also verify whether he can send a friend request to them.
- Check whether a user can cancel or reject and friend request
- Check is the user can on friend one of his friend check whether a user can see his friends timeline
- Check a user can put some content of his friends’ timeline or friend’s friend timeline.
- Check to put some image or text one of his friend’s timelines, is a friend’s friend can see the photos or text.
- Check you can put links on your friend’s timeline, is previous are displaying for the links or not, and also friends can see the links or not.
- Check whether you are friends and can comment like or share your content, which you have shared on your friend’s timeline.
Test Scenarios For Facebook Notification
- Check when you are receiving a notification the number of counts should be displayed Facebook notification icon
- Check if you have subscribed for email or text message notification then get a piece of information that time and automatically email or text message notification should be sent to the respective user
- Check whether you are getting a notification when you are friend request is accepted
- Check whom you have sent a friend request, that friend also receive a notification
- Check whether you were getting an OTP when someone tagged you in a post or image
- Check whether you are getting a notification when someone comments on your post.
- Check whether you were getting any notification when someone posted something on your timeline.
If You Find any missed test case scenarios, you can inform us by commenting in the comment box.
FAQS On Test Scenarios Of Facebook
How do you write test scenarios on Facebook?
Before writing any test scenarios for any application, you have to understand the basic functionality of that. After that you can think about all possible test scenario.