What you’ll learn: Comprehensive Guide for Resume Writing
- At the end of the course, they will learn to make the perfect resume that suits their experience level and industry.
- The course will mention the right editor, resume template structure, and the correct font styling required to increase the readability of your resume.
- They will learn how to increase the visibility of their and increase the chance of interviews.
- The course material also narrates different strategies to update the resume and increase its visibility for recruiters.
- Learn about the right keywords for resume and how to use them properly.
Comprehensive Guide Requirements
Basic understanding of English
Basic knowledge of editing tools like Microsoft Word
Comprehensive Guide Description
A resume is an essential piece of document which decides your eligibility for any job. If you have a unique set of skills but are unable to fabricate a proper resume, then you might miss out on a fair job offer. You can even think of your resume as a sales pitch, which can be referred by recruiters to judge your credibility.
So if you structure your resume well, provide the right information, and use the right keywords at the right location, you can improve your profile’s visibility. In this course, we will start with the very basics of resume writing, talk about the items that recruiters look out for, and mention the right places to upload your resume to gain the highest visibility.
We divided the entire resume into different sections and targeted each section individually to specify its importance and how you can fill them with the right information. We talk about the importance of a summary section and how choosing the right keywords can improve your resume.
While constructing the course material, we went through different resume templates. We worked with different designs so that you yourselves can create a resume which makes full utilization of the available space without compromising with the look and feel. After going through the tutorial, you would be able to:
- Find out the right editing tools that can be used for creating a resume.
- Know why content in the resume is so important, and what do recruiters look for in it?
- How to make your resume stand out from other applicants?
- Are you selecting the best styling options to increase your resume’s visibility?
- The common mistakes while creating a resume
- Make sections to structure the content
- Optimize resume real estate to include maximum skills
- Know the behavior of ATS (Applicant Tracking System) to increase your chances of interview calls
- Selecting the right keywords based on your profession to increase visibility on job portals and after portfolio selection.
- Mention past experiences in the right way
- Figure out the right way to create a multi-page resume
- Find out the distinct formatting required for a multi-page resume
- Know how lengthy a resume should be
- Finalize your resume and revising, to smooth out the rough edges
- Know about the best places or portals to upload your resume
- Get to know about the best practices while carrying or producing your resume during a personal interview
In this tutorial, we start by covering the basic types of overview and which style suits your purpose the best. We talk about the pros and cons of each resume type and provide resume samples of each. Then, we jump right into the different steps for resume writing. We have also created a plan which you can follow step by step to create the perfect resume for yourself.
We have also covered the various text editing tools available in the market across different platforms, which can be used for creating your resume and used Google docs to create the resume template. While following the plan, we first laid down the characteristic features that a recruiter looked for and made sure that we build the template ground up using that approach. To get the aesthetics right, we select margin, alignment, font styling, and line spacing that meets the industry standard and grabs the attention of the recruiters as well.
As this tutorial is meant for freshers as well as the experience lot, we have discussed how to resume length varies with expertise. The tutorial covers a single-page resume and multi-page resume and clearly defines the guidelines for both. How a multi-page resume needs to be structured and what are the ideal practices that need to be followed. Be it any profession, designing, photography, software development or testing, management, marketing, or advertising, and this tutorial would teach you how to create the perfect resume.
Every section and its significance have been clearly described in the tutorial, along with clear examples to increase the usefulness of this course further. We have also shared a dummy template which you can download and use it for creating your resume. It’s that simple!
While creating this tutorial, our primary focus was to understand the current recruitment process thoroughly and use this knowledge to lay down the structure of the perfect resume template. We made sure that the template that you will be having at the end of this tutorial would not only be easily readable by the ATS but also grabbed the attention of the recruiters. We went through many resume samples and tried to single out the aspects that are not recommended. At the end of this tutorial, you would be sure of the best practices related to resume development and know some cool tricks to increase your resume’s visibility.
Who this course is for:
- Any job seeker, be it freshers or experienced professionals from any domain or industry, can opt for this course.
- This course would significantly benefit students who are in college and are about to give campus interviews or start job hunting.
I have been in software testing for a decade. Worked with different testing techniques along with exploratory testing. Performed further regression, performance, API, etc. testing with tools and libraries like selenium, JMeter, LoadRunner, protractor, rest assured, Katalon, and others.
Worked with various MNC’s’s on multiple profiles and managed automation projects. Objective: To help the software testing community.