What you’ll learn: Automate WebServices Rest API
- Understand Rest API
- Prepared test cases in Java for Rest API
- Rest Assured Library to automate API
Automate WebServices Rest API Requirements
Automate WebServices Rest APIDescription
API testing is integration testing of API’s which checks the functionality, performance & security aspects of APIs. As the GUI test is challenging to maintain and requires a considerable amount of period, API has evolved as the primary testing of application logic.
API to be tested are those which are developed by the development team or third party. API’s which we would consume in our project.
API testing involves:
- Calling the API with different parameter values
- API boundary value conditions
- Actions performed by API i.e., updating database, calling other API
- Validating Response
Popular API, which is used, is REST implement in JSON format, which we will be looking during the course. Rest has become the most popular because it is light and easy to maintain.
Rest-assured is a library developed by Jaway, which is the best open-source library specially designed to automated Rest API. It also supports XML and JSON Request/Responses.
No need for any tool when you need to automate API. Simple coding skills will let you perfect the automation of API, will be taught during the course.
- Request can be easily prepared and send over the internet
- Assertions in Response data
- Clean code which is easy to be maintained
- Manual/Automation testers
- Managers, architects
- Anyone in the industry who want to get knowledge of Rest API or how to automate them
I have been in software testing for a decade. Worked with different testing techniques along with exploratory testing. Performed further regression, performance, API, etc. testing with tools and libraries like selenium, JMeter, LoadRunner, protractor, rest assured, Katalon, and others.
Worked with various MNC’s on multiple profiles and managed automation projects. Objective: To help the software testing community.