Amazon Search Functionality Test Case Template
In this test case tutorial, we are going to look at Amazon search functionality test cases, and also you can check Amazon Login Screen Page Test Case in our previous posts of SoftwareTestingoblog. If you are planning to attend an interview for testing job positions then Google search functionality and now Amazon Search Functionality Test is the most frequently asked interview question.
Most likely, the search functionality of the e-commerce website is asked in an interview of the e-commerce or payment gateway startups. It is tricky to answer the question in the way the interviewer wants the answer. So instead of answering this question in the format of interviewers want, let me generically answer this question.
|-: Test Scenario Overview :-|
|Post On:||Test Case For Amazon Search Functionality|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
We can test the Amazon Search Functionality in various ways. We have mentioned below some of the ways, which you can follow those:
- UI Testing
- Functional Testing
- Boundary Value Testing
- Data Correctness Tests
- Load and Stress Tests
- Search relevance
- Search advanced features
These are some of the tests that you should do with the Amazon Search Functionality Test. Depending on the type of search engine that is behind, the type of output you get will be verified and tested.
For this article, I’m going to list some of the generic test cases for the search functionality. Please do take a look at the images below to check out the functionality of the search box.
Amazon Search Functionality Test Cases Template
- Does the search box show the search page without any search query?
- What does the search page shows if you enter nothing in the search box and hit enter or press the finder icon?
- What does the search box do if the search query is not entered?
- Check if the search box is present or not.
- Check if the search box length is as per the specification.
- Check the length of the query to be added into the search box.
- Check the characters allowed to be entered into the search box.
- Does the search box present auto-suggestions when the query is being typed?
- Does the search box offers typo corrections for the search query?
- Does the search box allow searching with incorrect spellings?
- Check if the Amazon page offers default focus at the search box or not.
Amazon Search History Test Cases
- Does the search history page keep a history of your previously searched products on Amazon?
- Does the search history page offer you the option to hide the history of previously searched products?
- Does the search history page offer matching products related to the search keywords?
- Does the search history page allow you to disable tracking the search completely?
- Does disabling search history make any change to the suggestions offered by the search-box?
- Does disabling search history stop certain products from being featured?
- Does disabling search history revert back to the default setting in a new session?
Amazon SideBar Test Cases
Now we are going to discuss the test cases of the Amazon Sidebar. Please check out the search sidebar for the test cases.
- Does the search page categorize more options to filter product search?
- Does the search page offer price sort from low to high?
- Does the search page offer price sort base on sales rank?
- Does the search page offer price sort as per the popularity?
- Does the search page offer price sort as per the brands?
- Does the search page offer product sort as per reviews?
- Does the search page offer product sort as per the category?
- Does the search page offer product sort as per the condition of the product? (New, old, refurbished)
- Does the search page offer product sort as per the shipping options?
- Does the search page offer sort as per the sellers?
- Does the search page exclude not available products?
- Does the search page offer an alternative if the searched product is not available?
Amazon Site Responsive Test Cases
- Does the search box appear on mobile?
- Does the search box suggestions appear on mobile or tablet?
- Does the search box offer a category selector on a mobile or tablet?
- Does the search box offer a drop-down menu on smaller devices?
Final Words Amazon Search Functionality
We are trying to share some of the generic test cases for the Amazon search functionality. If you try to understand each and every functionality of Amazon then the first thing you need to visit the official notification. After understanding each functionality you can start writing the scenario of Amazon very easily. Also you can able to find out the scenarios and write the test cases very easily.
|-: Try Below Things On Your Own :-|
|☑️ Negative test cases for search functionality||☑️ Test Cases for Registration Page|
|☑️ Test Cases for amazon shopping cart||☑️ Pagination test cases example|
|☑️ Test scenarios for the password text field||☑️ Test Cases for search engine|
|☑️ Test Cases for the login page||☑️ Test Cases for online shopping website|
|Check More: The Test Case Template|
If you have any suggestions or any other missing test cases to share, then please comment below. I’d appreciate the feedback. Also if you want to contribute some testing related stuff then you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.