Amazon Search Functionality Test Case Template: In this test case tutorial, we’ll look at Amazon search functionality test cases, and also you can check Amazon Login Screen Page Test Case. Search functionality of Google search, and now amazon search is the most frequently asked interview question. Most likely, the search functionality of the e-commerce website is asked in an interview of the e-commerce or payment gateway startups. It is tricky to answer the question in the way the interviewer wants the answer. So instead of answering this question in the format of interviewers want, let me generically answer this question.
Web-Based Test Case: Bank Transactions Test Case
Amazon Search Functionality can be tested in the following ways:
- UI Testing
- Functional Testing
- Boundary Value Testing
- Data Correctness Tests
- Load and Stress Tests
- Search relevance
- Search advanced features
These are some of the tests that you should do with the search functionality. Depending on the type of search engine that is behind, the type of output you get will be verified and tested.
More Amazon Test Case: Amazon Login Screen Page Test Case
For this article, I’m going to list some of the generic test cases for the search functionality. Please do take a look at the images below to check out the functionality of the search box.
Amazon Search Functionality Test Cases Template:
- Does the search box show the search page without any search query?
- What does the search page shows if you enter nothing in the search box and hit enter or press the finder icon?
- What does the search box do if the search query is not entered?
- Check if the search box is present or not.
- Check if the search box length is as per the specification.
- Check the length of the query to be added into the search box.
- Check the characters allowed to be entered into the search box.
- Does the search box present auto-suggestions when the query is being typed?
- Does the search box offers typo corrections for the search query?
- Does the search box allow searching with incorrect spellings?
- Check if the Amazon page offers default focus at the search box or not.
Amazon Search History Test Cases:
- Does the search history page keep a history of your previously searched products on Amazon?
- Does the search history page offer you the option to hide the history of previously searched products?
- Does the search history page offer matching products related to the search keywords?
- Does the search history page allow you to disable tracking the search completely?
- Does disabling search history make any change to the suggestions offered by the search-box?
- Does disabling search history stop certain products from being featured?
- Does disabling search history revert back to the default setting in a new session?
Search Page Test Cases
Please check out the search sidebar for the test cases.
- Does the search page categorize more options to filter product search?
- Does the search page offer price sort from low to high?
- Does the search page offer price sort base on sales rank?
- Does the search page offer price sort as per the popularity?
- Does the search page offer price sort as per the brands?
- Does the search page offer product sort as per reviews?
- Does the search page offer product sort as per the category?
- Does the search page offer product sort as per the condition of the product? (New, old, refurbished)
- Does the search page offer product sort as per the shipping options?
- Does the search page offer sort as per the sellers?
- Does the search page exclude not available products?
- Does the search page offer an alternative if the searched product is not available?
Responsive Test Cases
- Does the search box appear on mobile?
- Does the search box suggestions appear on mobile or tablet?
- Does the search box offer a category selector on a mobile or tablet?
- Does the search box offer a drop-down menu on smaller devices?
These are some of the generic test cases that I have managed to jot down in a short time. You can check the official website of the Amazon and get more test cases. If you have any suggestions or any other missing test cases to share, then please comment below. I’d appreciate the feedback. Also, do share this website with your friends if you found the test cases helpful.