Oracle Interview Questions: The most important part of preparing for an interview is practice. Knowing what job interview questions you might be asked is essential – that way, you can craft your answers well in advance, and feel confident in your responses when the pressure is on.
Wouldn’t it be great if you knew exactly what interview questions are asked for the Test Engineer, QA for Manual & Automation Positions, We can’t read minds, unfortunately, but we’ll give you the next best thing: a list of previously asked Oracle interview questions and answers.
We have tried to share some of the manual testing interview questions, selenium interview questions & testing interview questions also, but we are recommending spending some quality time to get comfortable with what might be asked when you go for the Oracle interview.
Still, we need you are love and support to make this platform more helpful to our fellow testers. So it would be great if you will share your recent interview questions and experience with us. You Can share those details by connecting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company Location: Bangalore
Interview Date: 07/07/2021(Tech Round), 09/07/2021(Managerial Round)
Experience: 2 Years 10 months
Thanks To Kushal Gupta, For sharing below oracle Interview Questions with Us. If you also want to share your experience & questions with us then you can reach us at email@example.com
I got referred by my friend and got a call back after 2weeks. The total interview process will consist of 2 seconds ( Technical Round and Managerial Round ).
- Technical Round went on for 60 Mins
- The managerial Round went on for 15mins
- Tell me about yourself.
- Frameworks and tools used in your experience.
- Explain the OOPS concept in detail with examples.
- Gave me a scenario to automate and asked me to write the script in VBScript and Selenium.
- Difference between severity and priority of the defects.
- Gave me a java program and asked me about the output.
- How will you establish a database connection in UFT and Selenium?
- Will you work in any other technology other than selenium.
- How did you handle exceptions in your project?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Explain different frameworks you worked on.
- Given an opportunity are you willing to work in manual testing also?
- Willing to relocate and salary discussion.
Oracle Bangalore Interview questions
Company Name: Oracle
Company Location: Bangalore, India
Updated on: 12.05.2021
- Tell me about your professional experience.
- What are the test methodologies you have used?
- Explain Agile methodology.
- Explain bug life cycle.
- Explain SDLC.
- Write test cases for a text box accepting 0-9 characters and alphabets.
- Write test cases for lift.
- If the title of a page is not displayed, what severity and priority do you assign to it?
- Which tool do you use for logging defects?
- Is SVN a reporting tool?
- Which Selenium version are you using currently?
- Which is the latest version of Selenium?
- Why are you using Selenium 2 when the latest 4 is available?
- When was your framework developed?
- What is the special feature of Selenium 2 and 3?
- Explain Polymorphism.
- Types of polymorphism.
- Where do we use method overloading in webdriver methods?
- Explain the statement : WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver();
- What is WebDriver in the above statement?
- What is ChromeDriver() in the above statement?
- If WebDriver is an interface, how can you instantiate it?
- What is the superclass of WebDriver?
- What is Interface?
- What are the uses of Interface?
- What are the different types of Inheritance?
- Which are the types of Inheritence that Java does not support?
- Why Multiple Inheritance is not supported in Java?
- What is the other way of achieving Multiple Inheritance?
- How many locators are there in Selenium?
- Name the locators.
- Which is the fastest locator?
- Compare XPath and ID.
- Which locator do you use for dynamic webelement on-page?
- If ID is unique on a webpage, and location is chngd, does the automation script fail?
- Write a small program to reverse the name without using the inbuilt method.
- Which latest java version have you worked with?
- Name few exceptions that have you come across.
- Have you come across “Stale exception”?
Oracle Testing Interview Questions
- What is testing? Different types of testing.
- Why do we do automation testing?
- Explain to me about your project, and its architecture.
- What is the testing strategy?
- What is the test plan document and explain the contents briefly?
- What is regression testing? How did you perform in your project?
- How was QC useful in the testing process in your project to log & track defects?
- What are the different types of testing life cycle models, which type of testing model does your project follow? Have you worked in agile methodology in any of your projects?
- The SQL query to find out the 4th maximum salary.
- Write the self join query to find the department of the manager of a manager whose department is ABC.
- Different types of joins, simple SQL queries like select, update, etc.
- Simple UNIX commands to list a file, find all files which contain the desired word say your name in them.
- What is your role in your project? How do you overcome hurdles that you might face when your immediate senior/manager is not present to attend a meeting with the client. You have an important thing, as an application crash occurs during testing. How do you handle such circumstances?
- Explain java in layman terms if I don’t understand any technical kinds of stuff like private, class, or object.
- Explain automation architecture and how what kind of architecture was in your project and explain it.
- Why do we use interfaces? Why is the interface concept present when something could be achieved using classes or abstract classes?
- Tell the use of abstract classes over interfaces, and how are interfaces built in terms of methods declared and variables within it?
- Questions on collections like how do you do sorting using collections? 19)Giving an example, he asked me to choose which collection would I chose for that particular scenario. Like getwindowhandles returns set, but can I also make use of a list or any other collection? Similar questions.
- TestNG and how you could initiate your automation script.
- How to connect to the database using selenium, its requirements for connection, and commands for connection.
- Differences between overloading and overriding, what is polymorphism, what is an abstraction, and write a program that shows me something which I understand about these concepts.
- Write a program to check if the given input is a palindrome or not by taking input from the user at runtime.
- What are the advantages of using testng, why can’t we run selenium code directly?
- Have you worked on Jenkins? What are the advantages of it? What if the developer does not use Jenkins, but the testing team has been asked to use it? Can you do so without the developer creating the build in Jenkins, your automation code can start?
- Disadvantages and advantages of selenium, where can all I not use selenium?
- Given just 2days and you have like 100 test cases to manually execute, and your colleague is on long leave, what will you do? Do you think this situation can occur in real-time? Can you execute all test cases alone within deadlines?
- What is the code to find the active element on the web page?
- Write a selenium program to verify that the navigation of the web page is landing at the correct URL on the next page.
- Write a code to make use of assert if my username is incorrect.
- What is the skeleton of testng.xml? What all does/can it contain?
- Code for switching frames back and forth( getting into frames and out to the mainframe)
- Write a program to extract information from the excel sheet and print it to the reporting sheet(reporter.log) and console.
- How confident are you in manual testing, selenium, java?
- Code to write the usage of actions class with an example, usage of a select class
- Switching between the two browsers(parent and child), popup differences, and identification.
- How to make use of external support like AutoIT or robotium, and at what conditions?
- Can we do any mouse actions like click using AutoIT? If yes, how, if no, what is the alternative?
Oracle interview questions
- How string is different from other data types
- Difference between final, finally and finalize
- Create a folder if not exists and then create a text file inside it, write the data to the text file and save it, then open the file and read the data
- Explain Polymorphism in detail
- Interface declaration
- Difference between abstraction and interface
- Read the excel data from a cell
- Write the runtime data to the excel sheet
- How will you declare a class if I don’t want to change the data in it
- I have 10 test cases, and I want to execute only 3 test cases. How will you do that
- Find the largest 3 numbers in the array
- The reverse of an array
- Collections in Java
Oracle Financial services Interview questions
- 1st Round:- Online Test Approx 20 questions
- 2nd Round:- F2F round
- Which version of selenium, java, and Appium you are using
- Difference between Selenium 2 and Selenium 3
- What is the latest feature in Java 8?
- What is a lambda expression?
- How to get the data from a webtable like ID: 1,2,3 is there in the 1st column and Name: Rahul, Amit, Himanshu. Find the value of ID 3
- What is bubble sort
- How to verify the color of an image
Oracle Java Selenium Automation Interview Questions
- write a program for the clicking element which presents in the frame.
- Write a program for the clicking element, which presents in a child window.
- Write a program that should validate the calendar table.
Scenario: suppose the march calendar table consists of all dates 1 to 31 check whether empty boxes exist in the table or not.
- What is TestNG, and how it differs from Junit? What tests can be done with TestNG?
- Write the syntax of an opening browser in selenium.
me: webdriver driver= new firefoxdriver();
interviewer: what happens in dis case firefoxdriver driver= new firefoxdriver(); ?
Why do we have two syntaxes if der purpose is the same?
When do we use firefoxdriver and webdriver in the above syntax?
Tell me some differences b/w both syntaxes.
- Write the syntax for firefox in selenium 3.0.
- Why selenium people have changed the syntax, and what is the difference b/w the syntaxes of selenium 2.53 and selenium 3.0?
- What is the dynamic polymorphism in java? Explain with an example.
- What is the difference between interface and abstract class?
- Why is the purpose of abstract class when we achieve abstraction through the interface?
- Why can constructor not be inherited in java?
- Is the constructor by default final if yes/no give a reason?
- What is the package imported for reading/writing files in java?
- What are the robot class and sikuli and autoit?
- What is try-catch?
- What is final, finally, finalize?
- Will finally block always executes?
- What happens if I put the system out in the catch block?
- What are the oops concepts?
- If exception got in to try what will execute catch or finally?
- There is one statement when we put that statement in a try, finally block won’t execute what that statement is? What happens when we write that statement and where the control will go?
- Have you ever created a user-defined exception? What is the syntax?
- Difference b/w throw and throws?
- How do you run tests parallelly?
- How do pass test data in TestNG and which annotation will be used?
- What type of framework using in your project to explain it.
- Without using sendkeys, how will you type text in a text box? is der any method or class in java?
- What are the differences b/w list and set?
- What is a linked list?
- What is a hashmap? What will happen if I insert a duplicate in the hashmap, which will be overridden key or value?
- How will you do debugging in eclipse?
- How do you log bugs when a test case fails?
- What is the difference b/w severity and priority?
- In which scenarios do we get a null pointer exception?
- Where do you find difficulties in automation while writing scripts?
- Out of 1000 test cases, only 1 test case failed, how will you run that test case?
- There is a String with 100 characters in it, characters may be in any order, and by default, that string is not a palindrome, how will you say the string can be a palindrome or not?
- What is agile? Explain the process of agile.
- Suppose in sprint 10 requirements are der, do we start testing after completing the development of all 10 requirements or how?
- How do you click on a particular date number in the calendar month table?
Scenario: suppose today I will click on 20 dates in the month table, tomorrow 21 like so. It
should be dynamic.
Write a program for it.
- How do you pass a parameter into XPath?
- Suppose you have ten thousand test case files are there. One element that got changed in the new release
the same element was used in 700 test case files. Now say how do you do changes for that element in those files.
- Tel oops concept with real-time examples… like any software terms you can use.
- If your script got failed and the same script works fine with the next run, what will you do? Will you log the bug or what kind of analysis do you do?
- Box contains 50 red socks and 50 white socks, what is the probability of getting the right pair of the same color in how many picks? Tell the worst case and best case of probability.
- If the box contains 1000 different colors and a total of 10,000 socks, now say the probability of getting the right pair of
the same color in how many picks? Tell the worst case and best case of probability.
- Using eight 8’s make 1000 use any operators like +,-,%,/……
- what are different b/w agile and other methodologies?
Latest Oracle Interview Questions
- How to abort a shell script while it is running.
- Is it possible to use the echo command in place of the ls command?
- How to remove one line from a text file using Unix commands.
- Provide logic to replace M with F and F with M in the Employees table using the single command without any temp table.
- How to pick the nth maximum salary from the employee’s table.
- Difference between two constraints – Primary key and Unique Key.
- What are various DML, DDL, and DCL commands in SQL?
- What is the next number in the sequence 9, 18, 21, 25, 20?
- One aptitude question – If a monkey climbs 6 meters and descends 3 meters in 1 min. What is the time monkey takes to climb 60 meters?
- Explain the different steps in the SDLC model.
- What is an Agile methodology, and what are the benefits of it.
- What is the difference between the Web application and the Desktop application?
- What is the best bug you have found still date?
- What is the difference between Defect and Bug?
- Write a Java program to generate Random numbers from 1 to 10.
- Write Selenium webdriver code to log in to an application and check the validity of one element in the resulting page.
- What are the conditions you follow to pick test cases for Automation?
- What are the conditions you follow to not select test cases for Automation?
- What is XPath, and where is it used.
- What is the difference between // and / in XPath?
- What are the different types of waits in Webdriver?
- Difference between Explicit and Implicit wait in webdriver.
- Give an example of a High priority and Low severity scenario.
Check Also: Altimetrik Interview Questions
ORACLE Interview Questions for 2+ Years
- Tell me about Yourself
- What are Priority and Severity
- Tools used in your project
- Detail explanation about QC
- What are the stages of Bug
- Given a sample Webpage to test? How will you test?
- Write HTML code for a page containing
3. Radio Buttons
4. Check Boxes
6. Images (Again)
7. Links (Again)
- For the above HTML code, how do you identify all the elements that are present are not?
- What is the version of QC that you have used in your Project?
- How do you identify the content of the web page without using a Tool?
- About the Project?
- Explain Priority and Severity with Example?