Oracle Testing Interview Questions
- What is testing? Different types of testing.
- Why we do automation testing?
- Explain to me about your project, and it’s architecture.
- What is the testing strategy?
- What is the test plan document and explain the contents briefly?
- What is regression testing? How did you perform in your project?
- How was QC useful in the testing process in your project to log & track defects?
- What are the different types of testing life cycle models, which type of testing model does your project follow? Have you worked in agile methodology in any of your projects?
- The SQL query to find out the 4th maximum salary.
- Write the self join query to find the department of the manager of a manager whose department is ABC.
- Different types of joins, simple SQL queries like select, update etc.
- Simple UNIX commands to list a file, find all files which contain the desired word say your name in them.
- What is your role in your project? How do you overcome hurdles that you might face when your immediate senior/manager is not present to attend a meeting with the client. You have an important thing, as an application crash occurs during testing. How do you handle such circumstances?
- Explain java in layman terms if I don’t understand any technical kinds of stuff like private, class, or object.
- Explain automation architecture and how what kind of architecture was in your project and explain it.
- Why do we use interfaces? Why is the interface concept present when something could be achieved using classes or abstract classes?
- Tell the use of abstract classes over interfaces, and how are interfaces built in terms of methods declared and variables within it?
- Questions on collections like how do you do sorting using collections? 19)Giving an example, he asked me to choose which collection would I chose for that particular scenario. Like getwindowhandles returns set, but can I also make use of a list or any other collection? Similar questions.
- TestNG and how you could initiate your automation script.
- How to connect to the database using selenium, it’s requirements for connection, and commands for connection.
- Differences between overloading and overriding, what is polymorphism, what is an abstraction, and write a program that shows me something which I understand about these concepts.
- Write a program to check if the given input is a palindrome or not by taking input from the user at runtime.
- What are the advantages of using testng, why can’t we run selenium code directly?
- Have you worked on Jenkins? What are the advantages of it? What if the developer does not use Jenkins, but the testing team has been asked to use it? Can you do so without developer creating the build in Jenkins, your automation code can start?
- Disadvantages and advantages of selenium, where can all I not use selenium?
- Given just 2days and you have like 100 test cases to manually execute, and your colleague is on long leave, what will you do? You think this situation can occur in real-time? Can you execute all test cases alone within deadlines?
- What is the code to find the active element on the web page?
- Write a selenium program to verify that the navigation of the web page is landing at the correct URL on the next page.
- Write a code to make use of assert if my username is incorrect.
- What is the skeleton of testng.xml? What all does/can it contain?
- Code for switching frames back and forth( getting into frames and out to the mainframe)
- Write a program to extract information from the excel sheet and print it to the reporting sheet(reporter.log) and console.
- How confident are you in manual testing, selenium, java?
- Code to write the usage of actions class with an example, usage of a select class
- Switching between the two browsers(parent and child), popup differences, and identification.
- How to make use of external support like AutoIT or robotium, and at what conditions?
- Can we do any mouse actions like click using AutoIT? If yes, how, if no, what is the alternative?
Oracle interview questions
- How string is different from other data types
- Difference between final, finally and finalize
- Create a folder if not exists and then create a text file inside it, write the data to the text file and save it, then open the file and read the data
- Explain Polymorphism in detail
- Interface declaration
- Difference between abstraction and interface
- Read the excel data from a cell
- Write the runtime data to the excel sheet
- How will you declare a class if I don’t want to change the data in it
- I have 10 test cases, and I want to execute only 3 test cases. How will you do that
- Find the largest 3 numbers in the array
- The reverse of an array
- Collections in Java
Oracle Financial services Interview questions
- 1st Round:- Online Test Approx 20 questions
- 2nd Round:- F2F round
- Which version of selenium, java, and Appium you are using
- Difference between Selenium 2 and Selenium 3
- What is the latest featured in Java 8?
- What is a lambda expression
- How to get the data from a webtable like ID: 1,2,3 is there in the 1st column and Name: Rahul, Amit, Himanshu. Find the value of ID 3
- What is bubble sort
- How to verify the color of an image
Oracle Java Selenium Automation Interview Questions
- write a program for the clicking element which presents in the frame.
- Write a program for the clicking element, which presents in a child window.
- Write a program which should validate the calendar table.
Scenario: suppose the march calendar table consists of all dates 1 to 31 check whether empty boxes exist in the table or not.
- What is TestNG, and how it differs from Junit? What tests can be done with TestNG?
- Write the syntax of an opening browser in selenium.
me: webdriver driver= new firefoxdriver();
interviewer: what happens in dis case firefoxdriver driver= new firefoxdriver(); ?
Why we have two syntaxes if der purpose is the same?
When do we use firefoxdriver and webdriver in the above syntax?
Tell me some differences b/w both syntaxes.
- Write the syntax for firefox in selenium 3.0.
- Why selenium people have changed the syntax, and what is difference b/w syntaxes of selenium 2.53 and selenium 3.0?
- What is the dynamic polymorphism in java? Explain with an example.
- What are the difference b/w interface and abstract class?
- Why is the purpose of abstract class when we achieve abstraction through the interface?
- Why can constructor not be inherited in java?
- Is constructor by default final if yes/no give a reason?
- What is the package imported for reading/writing files in java?
- What are the robot class and sikuli and autoit?
- What is try to catch?
- What is final, finally, finalize?
- Will finally block always executes?
- What happens if I put the system out in the catch block?
- What are the oops concepts?
- If exception got in to try what will execute catch or finally?
- There is one statement when we put that statement in a try, finally block won’t execute what that statement is? What happens when we write that statement and where the control will go?
- Have you ever created a user-defined exception? What is the syntax?
- Difference b/w throw and throws?
- How do you run tests parallelly?
- How do pass test data in TestNG and which annotation will be used?
- What type of framework using in your project to explain it.
- Without using sendkeys, how will you type text in a text box? is der any method or class in java?
- What are the difference b/w list and set?
- What is a linked list?
- What is hashmap? What will happen if I insert duplicate in the hashmap, which will be overridden key or value?
- How will you do debugging in eclipse?
- How do you log bug when a test case fails?
- What is difference b/w severity and priority?
- In which scenarios we get null pointer exception?
- Where you find difficulties in automation while writing scripts?
- Out of 1000 test cases, only 1 test case failed, how will you run that test case?
- There is String with 100 characters in it, characters may in any order, and by default, that string is not a palindrome, how will you say string can be a palindrome or not?
- What is agile? Explain the process of agile.
- Suppose in sprint 10 requirements are der, do we start testing after completing the development of all 10 requirements or how?
- How do you click on a particular date number in the calendar month table?
Scenario: suppose today I will click on 20 dates in the month table, tomorrow 21 like so. It
should be dynamic.
Write a program for it.
- How do you pass a parameter into XPath?
- Suppose you have ten thousand test case files are there. One element that got changed in the new release
the same element was used in 700 test case files. Now say how do you do changes for that element in those files.
- Tel oops concept with real-time examples… like any software terms you can use.
- If your script got failed and the same script works fine with the next run, what will you do? Will you log the bug or what kind of analysis you do?
- Box contains 50 red socks and 50 white socks, what is the probability of getting the right pair of the same color in how many picks? Tell the worst case and best case of probability.
- If the box contains 1000 different colors and total 10,000 socks, now say the probability of getting the right pair of
the same color in how many picks? Tell the worst case and best case of probability.
- Using eight 8’s make 1000 use any operators like +,-,%,/……
- what is different b/w agile and other methodologies?
Latest Oracle Interview Questions
- How to abort a shell script while it is running.
- Is it possible to use echo command in place of ls command?
- How to remove one line from a text file using Unix commands.
- Provide logic to replace M with F and F with M in Employees table using the single command without any temp table.
- How to pick the nth maximum salary from the employee’s table.
- Difference between two constraints – Primary key and Unique Key.
- What are various DML, DDL, and DCL commands in SQL?
- What is the next number in the sequence 9, 18, 21, 25, 20?
- One aptitude question – If a monkey climbs 6 meters and descends 3 meters in 1 min. What is the time monkey takes to climb 60 meters?
- Explain the different steps in the SDLC model.
- What is an Agile methodology, and what are the benefits of it.
- What is the difference between the Web application and Desktop application?
- What is the best bug you have found still date?
- What is the difference between Defect and Bug?
- Write a Java program to generate Random numbers from 1 to 10.
- Write Selenium webdriver code to log in to an application and check the validity of one element in the resulting page.
- What are the conditions you follow to pick test cases for Automation?
- What are the conditions you follow to not select test cases for Automation?
- What is XPath, and where is it used.
- What is the difference between // and / in XPath?
- What are the different types of waits in Webdriver?
- Difference between Explicit and Implicit wait in webdriver.
- Give an example of High priority and Low severity scenario.
Check Also: Altimetrik Interview Questions
ORACLE Interview Questions for 2+ Years
- Tell me about Yourself
- What are Priority and Severity
- Tools used in your project
- Detail explanation about QC
- What are the stages of Bug
- Given a sample Webpage to test? How will you test?
- Write HTML code for a page containing
3. Radio Buttons
4. Check Boxes
6. Images (Again)
7. Links (Again)
- For the above HTML code, how do you identify all the elements that are present are not?
- What is the version of QC that you have used in your Project?
- How do you identify the content of the web page without using a Tool?
- About the Project?
- Explain Priority and Severity with Example?
Oracle Developer Interview Questions
Check Also: Harman Interview Questions
Interview Experience of ORACLE (OFSS)
College NIT Trichy
Eligibility Criteria:- >=6 Pointer Out of 10
Four Students got Selected here. I am sharing one of them.
Hi all, I hope you all are preparing well. You are sharing my experience for OFSS. It should be enough for you for this firm, at least.
There are three rounds of the recruitment process:
- Online Aptitude Test
- Technical HR
- Behavioral HR
Online Aptitude Test:
It is divided into 4 sections
- Computer basics
- Software Engineering Test
- Verbal test
- English Test
There are only 10 questions from Quantitative Aptitude. It is time-consuming. Questions in the rest of the sections were easy. Preparation for C and C++ is required. Some ADA concepts, AVL trees, flowcharts were there, which were time-consuming. And the English section can be solved pretty fast.
You don’t need to perform extraordinarily in the paper. Just stick to basics, and you will clear this round. You can go through the previous years’ papers to have some idea about the questions.
They can really ask anything in technical HR. One needs to prepare well for all the subjects. But only the basics are required. You need to be thorough with C, C++, and DBMS. They can even ask questions in Java. They can ask you to discuss your project in detail, or they can even ask just a few questions from it.
Some of the questions I faced were:
- Tell me something about yourself (Don’t mention about your family here, unless asked)
- Strength and Weakness (Try to answer from Academic point of view)
- Write a program to reverse a string using pointers.
- Write a program to remove spaces from a sentence.
- What are the different types of sorting and searching? Discuss all the types and the approach used.
- What are DDL, DML, and DCL?
- What kind of project you have done. What is it about.
- What would you prefer- Internship or project in college?
- What are the threads?
- What is multithreading?
- Have you implemented threads?
- What is call by reference and call by value? Which of these is used in Java?
All they focus on is- how confident you are while answering the questions. They might try to confuse you sometimes to test you how confident you are. Relax. Answer the questions tactfully. Take your time, think the answers in your head for a few seconds, and communicate clearly. Once you clear this round, you can go for a behavioral HR round.
What they want to judge in this round is- how smartly you answer, how fluent you are while communicating, and your confidence level. Some of the questions I faced are:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- What made you join this college?
- Why do you want to join Oracle and not any other company?
- Was there any situation you had a fight with someone? If yes, give details. And, how will you handle this situation in the future if you’re faced with it again?
- Which is your dream company?
- Any questions? (Don’t avoid asking the question(s) in the end)
- He also asked me 3 men and hats puzzle during the interview:
Cannibals ambush a safari in the jungle and capture three men. The cannibals give the men a single chance to escape uneaten. The captives are lined up in order of height and are tied to stakes. The man in the rear can see the backs of his two friends, the man in the middle can see the back of the man in front, and the man in front cannot see anyone. The cannibals show the men five hats.
Three of the hats are black, and two of the hats are white. Blindfolds are then placed over each man’s eyes, and a hat is placed on each man’s head. The two hats left over are hidden. The blindfolds are then removed, and it is said to the men that if one of them can guess what colour hat he is wearing, they can all leave unharmed.
The man in the rear who can see both of his friends’ hats but not his own says, “I don’t know.” The middle man who can see the hat of the man in front, but not his own, says, “I don’t know”. The frontman who cannot see ANYBODY’S hat says, “I know!” How did he know the colour of his hat, and what colour was it?
Company: Oracle(Server technology)
Interview Type: On-campus
I want to share my experience with my recruitment process with ORACLE. Oracle procedure consists of.
- Online aptitude Round
- Coding Round
- 2-3 Technical Rounds and 1 HR Round
- How is a file transferred via FTP, and how exactly does FTP work? How many sockets would be required for one file transfer?
- What is the path followed if my system wants to connect to some given IP of another system?
- Networking(all basic definitions)?
This round was focused on algorithms and data structures.
- The reverse of a LinkedList, follow up. Can you do it, recursively?
- Then he asked me to write the conditions to be taken into consideration while deleting any node from a tree on a sheet of paper.
A lot of questions were asked.
- Threading, paging (OS)
- Queries, join, indexing (DBMS), etc
This was just a formality. It did not last even 5 minutes.
- She asked me about my background.
- Why should I choose you?
- Why Oracle?
Don’t Miss: Selenium Programs Interview Questions
Profile: Application Developer
Interview Type: On-campus
Pattern: written + 3 Tech Interview + 1 HR
Type: Online, Cgpa criteria: NO
Written exam Modules: 2hrs (no -ve marking)
- Coding skills(comprehension oriented)
- Computer science knowledge (basic)
- Software engineering aptitude
- Written English
- You are given a Single Linked List containing integer key as data in every node and a head pointer pointing to the first node, and you have to delete a node with a given key, you can’t create any new variable. (Copy data of next node to the node which contains k and delete next node).
- Coin change – DP?
- 25 Horses puzzle where you to find the top 5 horses.
- Multi-Threading, Multi-Process, and Context switching concepts(in-depth)
- Asked Course projects and requires in-depth details of it.
- In an exam, there are 50 questions — +1 for correct, -1/3 for incorrect and -1/6 for not attempting. Peter scored 32 in that exam. Find the minimum number of questions he must have done wrong.
- Data Structure used for the implementation of the dictionary.
- Given an array of n integers(consider +ve and also -ve), find a sub-array such that the sum of that array is maximum.
Round 4 (HR):
- Basic HR questions. Try to make them feel like you will join their company.
In the end, I got the offer :). It was an excellent experience for me.