Test Lead Interview Questions: Leading the test team is an incredibly important role in a company. Without proper leadership, a product that’s half-baked could quickly become a bad joke. Lead candidates should be able to think on their feet and problem solves in stressful situations while being flexible enough to adapt to new situations as they arise. Here are some questions you can ask candidates during the interview process to find out if they will be successful in this position.
Test Lead Interview Questions are designed to evaluate how a candidate would handle common questions on their own. These questions help you find out how much the candidate understands the interview process and how they handle situations in interviews. They will also give you an idea of how well the candidate interacts with their colleagues and others in general.
Test Lead Interview Questions
Test Lead Interview Questions can help you find the best candidates to fill your open positions. Here are some of the common Testing interview questions that a lead will be asked during an interview.
- Agile ceremony
- Wap for occurance of char
- Diff between tree map and hashmap
- Fetch employees name and salary from table in sorted order
- Docker command any 5
- Docker volume prune use of this command
- Docker volume ls command use
- PRIVATE Cloud vs public cloud diff
- Distinct keyword in SQL
- Alternative of distinct
- Git head reset
- Git flow for newly joined member
- Difference between string buffer and string and string builder
- Internal working of tree map
- Git revert command
- Git detach
- Prograam to get power of any no with logic of negative value added
- They will also check your multi tasking ability by asking question when your writing your logic for program
- Implicit wait and explicit wait
- Stale element reference exception
- How to handle drop-down
- Difference between list and set
Interview Questions for Test Lead
- How to run chrome in incognito mode through Selenium Webdriver
- How to convert Array into ArrayList
- What is interrupted testing in Mobile
- Which exception we will get if no element is found in the case of the driver.findElement and driver.findElements?
- Can the constructor be overloaded? Why can’t we override
- Difference between scenario and scenario outline
- Git and Jenkins commands
- POM.xml contains??
- Advantages of waterfall methodologies
- How to change the background color of the text in selenium and write code for it
- If you want to test a mobile app for New York and you are sitting in Pune.How to test it & tell me strategy
- How to fetch the data from the properties file
- How to connect to DB from JDBC
- Write code for taking screenshots in selenium
- How to write Explicit wait in selenium
- Difference between getText() and getAttribute()
- Security testing test cases for login page
- Few questions like write SQL queries for different joins
- Some java programs like reverse string, Fibonacci series, Palindrome number, etc
QA Lead Interview Questions
- How will u validate the entire json response ( all values lets say 100 values) with the Database value? the interviewer was asking about the entire approach like how u will store ur json response and how u will verify with db using java?
- Lets say u have 1000 test for regression and 60% of testcases failed on the execution day what will be your approach here? How will u know why these test cases failed? What you will answer to your manager?
- Tell me about different types of java exception
- Tell me the test case status pass or fail & which exception u will use?
Scenario 1. in try block u gave correct user id and correct password and then catch block
Scenario 2. In try block u gave correct user id and wrong password and then catch block
- How to schedule a jenkins job for different suite in single aws machine?
- How to configure or import developer api code into swagger?
- How will u convert a already existing java project into gradle project.. what are the things u need to write inside the build.gradle file?
- Why do we use singleton pattern in selenium?
- What is class loader ?? Have u used in ur framework?
- What are the different type of hashMap?
- Why do we need baseTest class in testNG? Can we use @beforesuite and @aftersuite inside in the test class?
Which steps u will write in these annotations?
- How will u sequence ur tests without using priority?
- one question on scenario based where u need to verify whether the final ratings are coming as average of all the ratings.. lets say there are 1000 of ratings in ‘n’ number of pages.. how will u go to automate this test case?
Most of the questions are general in nature, but some of them can be very specific to the industry. Make sure you have an idea about the job before going through the test. It is important to answer these questions with a good understanding of what’s expected from you.
You will also get a feel for how well you would fit into this position if you go through this interview process. We have also included sample answers for some common questions so that you can get an idea of how to respond to them and make it look like you are being interviewed by someone who already has the job.
Test Lead Interview Questions are designed to evaluate how a candidate would handle common questions on their own. It is important for candidates to prepare for the interview as much as possible so that they can provide the best possible answer. These questions will help you prepare for the interview and show your personality.
We hope you found this blog post useful and that it has given you some new ideas on how to approach a job interview. If you’re looking for a job, or just want to brush up on your interviewing skills. If we have missed any questions then comment below and we will add them in the next update.