SQL Server Management Studio Interview Questions: With the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) you can connect to your SQL Server database, and run queries. You can also use it to monitor the performance of your databases and troubleshoot your issues with the help of real-time statistics. This article explains some of the most common SSMS interview questions, as well as different ways in which you can prepare for a successful interview.
Every job interview has a very simple purpose. The interviewers want to know if you have the skills and abilities that are necessary for the job. To do this, they will ask you questions, which will help them find out whether you have the skill and knowledge required for their role. In this article, we’ll list the most common SQL Server interview questions and provide answers to them.
LiquidHub SQL Server Management Studio Interview Questions
This post is going to discuss a few questions that may be asked in the interview and how you can prepare for it. Also, we will be using SQL in this blog post so make sure you are aware of SQL syntax and its rules before reading further.
- The latest entry in the table?
- Display the max of avg salary from each dept?
- How to update all columns at a time?
- How to find files in the directory/subdirectory and the first 5 records in Unix?
- How to kill the process?
- How to know how many members & login into your system in UNIX?
- How to see hidden files in UNIX?
- How to know the background/foreground process in Unix?
- My table has 100 rows then I want to find out 3 to 7 rows only?
- How do find out no of columns in the partial table?
L & T SQL Interview Questions
The concept of SQL is one of the most important concepts in databases. It provides a standardized interface that allows developers to work with the data stored in a database, using SQL statements. As part of the interview process, you will have to demonstrate your knowledge of this topic. Here are some examples of common questions that you may be asked about SQL and how to prepare for them.
- Tell me about your project architecture and roles and responsibilities in your project?
- What is the difference between union all and full outer join?
- What is meant by cross join give an example?
- What is meant by a complex subquery?
- Job salesman clerk salesman: write a query to display the name which contains two „s‟ without using like?
- My project tables have more than 5000000 records then how can u do validations without using sample testing?
- Explain set operators with an example?
- In my project we are having more than 5000 tables, data is loaded into the tables by using an Informatica tool, but due to some wrong connections data is not loaded in some tables. How do you display the tables in which data is not loaded?
- What are the requirements you have for your project?
- Write grep command with an example?
- How do you count the number of files in a Unix?
- Diff between substr and instr?
- Diff between the primary key and the surrogate key?
- How do you join dim and fact tables explain with an example?
- Explain about scd1, scd2, scd3?
- Explain normalization with an example?
- How do you get the data from the client-side either weekly or monthly basics?
- emp dept empno sal deptno deptno dname loc
- write a query to display max sal
- where deptno=10 and loc= Chicago and dname=sales
UHG SQL Questions
- What are union and union all? a- table: 1 to 50 records b table: 1 to 50 records and another 50 records if you use union and union all that is the output?
- Take as the example above two tables I want to perform minus and minus all that is the output?
- Take the above tables by using all joins? What is the output?
- A table: Mahesh pati and b table: Mahesh if I write the like select col from a minus select col from b what is the output?
- Select * from emp where eid=null? Is it working?
- Given the table a table having data like 1 2 3 ? 5? I want to insert a null string instead of the “?‟ symbol?
- Similar to the above table provides “_‟ spaces?
- ename sal a 1k b 2k c 3k d 4k I want to find out highest salary and don‟t user subquery, rank By using row numbers?
- Table a name Mahesh-sivala Karthik-kumar Rahul-Sharma I want the separate name and initial name I want the separate name and domain name only which having not „@‟ symbol?
- Select a,b,c,d from table group by 1,2,3 what is the o/p?
- Select a,b,c,d from table group by 1,2,3,4 what is the o/p?
- How to compare 10 tables in the staging and data warehouse?
- I want to sort data in descending order? Unix
- If want to find out the first 5 files and the last 5 records in Unix?
- What is the grep command?
- I want to find files in the Unix box? What is the command?
- what is SCD (slowly changing dimensional)?
- How you are moving one file to another file in Unix?
- I want to delete 2nd records without using row num, row id?