Web Services Interview Questions: Welcome to Another Addition of Testing Interview Questions series of Manual Testers. After So many requests for Restful API Web Services API Interview Questions and that also Specific to Rest API Interview Questions, because Restful API Web Services which is widely used by most organizations.
So, As testers, we have knowledge on How to do rest API testing, So below we are trying to share restful web services interview questions, and also we have shared Java rest interview questions with the solutions.
|Post On:||Web Services Interview Questions|
|Post Type:||Interview Questions|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Get Updates:||Software Testingo Telegram Group|
Rest web services interview questions
What are web services?
Web services are a convenient way to exchange data between applications (Client and server) with the use of an XML messaging system. By using open protocols and standards, web services make it easy for applications to communicate with each other.
How many types of web services are available?
There are mainly two types of web services:
SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) Web Services: It Runs on SOAP protocol which is a transport-independent messaging protocol and transfers the messages using XML technology.
RESTful (Representational State Transfer) Web Services: It’s a modern web architecture that relies on HTTP/HTTPS for seamless communication. REST is an innovative style of architecture that makes use of resources and URIs to provide an efficient and scalable way to develop web services. With its use of GET / POST methods, clients can interact with RESTful web services in a variety of ways.
What is the most important feature of a web service?
Below, we have noted some o the important features of web services:
- It is using the standardized XML messaging system to transfer the messages.
- Not specific to any programming language, not an operating system.
- Discoverable via a simple find mechanism.
- This can be used on the internet or in between the private network.
- Also supports loosely coupled connections between systems.
- Can be synchronous or asynchronous.
- By using web services we can communicate with various apps like SOAP, WSDL, HTML, XML, etc.
- Web Services supports RPC (Remote Procedure Calls).
What is a web service how does it works?
A web service can help various applications communicate with each other by using open standards such as HTML, XML, WSDL, and SOAP. Web services are designed to work with the client-server model, where client applications can access web services over the network.
By using web services, you can expose endpoint URLs and methods that can be accessed over the network through different technologies, such as Java, .Net, shell scripts or PHP, etc. Unlike web applications, web services are stateless and don’t maintain user sessions.
What are the components of web services?
In web services we can various components like given below:
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
- UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration)
- WSDL (Web Services Description Language)
- RDF (Resource Description Framework)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language)
What are the main techniques tools used for Web services?
There are lots of tools are available in the market to test the Web Services in an efficient manner. but below we have mentioned the top online tools for web services testing:
- Katalon Studio
- REST client
What is WSDL and how does it work?
WSDL (Web Services Description Language) is an XML-based document that provides information about a web service. This document includes information such as the method name, port types, service endpoint, binding, and method parameters.
What is XML-RPC?
RPC stands for Remote Procedure Call. It is a method used for calling a procedure or function available on any remote computer on the web.
XML-RPC is a great way to connect different environments and computers using XML messaging. It’s a simple protocol that makes it easy to perform RPCs, and it’s an excellent tool for connecting a wide variety of computers.
What are the features of XML-RPC?
Here are some important features of XML-RPC:
- It allows you to communicate with different applications.
- Platform independent
- XML-RPC is the simplest and easiest way to get started with web services
- Uses XML to encode its calls and HTTP as the transport protocol.
What do you mean by UDDI?
UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration) is a directory service that helps describe, publish, and find web services. It can also be used to create business registries. UDDI is based on a set of web standards including HTTP, XML, SOAP, WSDL, and XML Schema. The main goal of UDDI is to streamline digital transactions and e-commerce among company systems.
What are the benefits of UDDI?
- UDDI Uses WSDL for describing interfaces to the web services.
- UDDI is platform-independent.
- Can communicate through SOAP, Java RMI, and CORBA Protocol
- Neutral in terms of protocols.
What are the three roles of web service?
Web service architecture involves three roles: service provider, service requester, and service registry. The interaction between these roles uses three operations: publish, find, and bind. These operations act on web services artifacts.
What is a Web Service Provider?
Web services providers provide access to client applications that want to use them. They are created and hosted on a web service platform, which makes them available on the Internet. In simple terms, a web service is a platform that creates and hosts web services.
What is a service requester in web services?
The web service requestor is the application that initiates or starts an interaction with a service. The browser plays the requester role, driven by a consumer or a program without a user interface. Service requestors find service and obtain binding information for services during development.
What is the use of a web service registry?
If you’re looking for a web service, then the web service registry is a great place to start. It’s basically like a phone book – it lists all of the available services and makes it easy for client applications to find them. There are two widely-used registry standards that most application servers support: ebXML and UDDI.
What is meant by RESTful web services?
RESTful web services are based on the REST architecture, in which everything is a resource. These web services are lightweight, highly scalable, and maintainable, and are often used to create APIs for web-based applications.
What are the advantages of RESTful web service?
With the RESTful web service, we are getting lots of benefits, but here we are sharing some of the advantages:
- RESTful web services are simple and easy to implement and test.
- Platform independent
- RESTful web service supports multiple formats like XML, JSON, HTML, etc.
- You can write by using different programming languages and also you can execute on any platform.
- Lightweight, manageable, scalable, and reusable.
- As per the performance, it is faster as compared to others.
- It can consume lesser resources and bandwidth.
- Lots of automation frameworks are available.
What are the HTTP methods used in RESTful web services?
Below are some of the important HTTP methods, which can be used with RESTful web services include:
- GET: By using this method you get and read a resource.
- POST: You can use it to create a new resource.
- PUT: You can use it to update an existing resource.
- DELETE: By using this method you can delete the resource.
- PATCH: This method can be used to apply partial modifications to a resource.
What are the status codes in REST API?
During validating a Web Service API we are getting so many status codes, But, Out of those we have shared very common status codes like:
- 200 OK
- 201 Created
- 202 Accepted
- 302 Found
- 400 Bad Request
- 401 Unauthorized
- 404 Not Found
- 405 Method Not Allowed
- 409 Conflict
- 500 Internal Server Error
What are SOAP web services and Advantages?
SOAP stands for Simple Object Access Protocol. It is a way to access web services using XML. SOAP is a W3C recommendation for communication between two applications.
- This is a platform and language independent. that means you can write by using different programming languages or any operating system.
- It helps in data transport for web services.
- You can extend HTTP for XML messaging.
- SOAP web services, defines and uses its own WS security.
- Its easy to debug and eliminate firewall issues.
Why is SOA used?
SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) is an architectural approach that facilitates service orientation. It enables services to communicate or interact across different platforms and languages to form applications. Applications in SOA are developed on the basis of services. It can be easily implemented using different protocols such as HTTP, JMS, HTTPS, RPC, RMI, etc.
What are the advantages of implementing an SOA using Web services?
The advantages of using SOA is:
- It is easy to integrate.
- The services are platform-independent.
- By Using SOA, we can manage the complexity. So that integration becomes more manageable.
- When it comes to testing and debugging it becomes easier.
- By using this we can make it available to any requester.
What kind of security is needed for web services?
The three primary security issues of web services include:
- Network Security
What is SOAP simple words?
SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) is a message protocol that allows distributed elements of an application to communicate. By using SOAP, different parts of an application can communicate with each other regardless of location or platform.
What are the advantages of SOAP web services?
Out of so many advantages of SOAP web services, below we are tried to mention some of them:
- Language Independent – You can write the SOAP web services in any programming language.
- Platform Independent – SOAP web services can be executed on any platform.
- WS Security – SOAP defines its security known as WS Security.
What are the disadvantages of SOAP web services?
Below are the disadvantages of SOAP web services:
- SOAP web services are not supported lightweight formats like JSON. It only supports XML protocol.
- In SOAP web services the coupling between client and server applications is tight coupling because it is based on the contract.
- SOAP is slow as compared to other web services because in SOAP the payloads are large for a simple string message and also it uses XML format.
- If any change happens in the server-side contract then on the client-side we need to generate the stub classes again.
- We can not test the SOAP web services in the browser easily.
What is the importance of the interoperability of web services?
The goal of interoperability for Web services is to make it so that developers using those services don’t have to worry about which programming language or operating system the services are hosted on.
Web Services Interview Questions for Experienced
Restful Web Services Interview Questions
I Hope the above Restful API Web Services interview questions which we have shared in this post will be able to give an idea on what are the main rest API interview questions you may face during an interview for both experienced and freshers testers.
If you face any other interview questions then you can update us by commenting in the comment section and we update the list. for more updates, you can join our SoftwareTestingo telegram group where we are regularly share testing Job updates and other updates too.