Install TestNG in Eclipse: TestNG in Eclipse IDE is easy and straightforward because it comes as a plugin. There are some prerequisites for installing TestNG, such as an Internet connection, and Eclipse should be installed.
If your local machine Eclipse is not installed, you can follow our article where we have mentioned how you can install Eclipse on your own.
How to Install TestNG in Eclipse
We will try to share the details step by step with the image so you can learn how to add TestNG to your project or with Eclipse. You need to follow the steps to install it successfully.
- Launch Your Eclipse Editor, which you have saved on your local machine.
- After successfully Launch, go to the Help menu, and from there, choose “Install New Software” options and click on that. When you click on that, you will get an install popup.
- You can find the Add button in the install dialog – click the “Add” button.
- After clicking the add button, you will get another Add Repository dialogue, and There you will get two textboxes (Name, Location). In the Name Text box, enter the Name, which is TestNG, and in the location text box, you need to enter “https://testng.org/testng-eclipse-update-site/” as the location, and after that, click OK.
- You can find TestNG options When you return to the previous install dialogue. Select the checkbox that is present beside Testing, and after that, click the “Next” button. Once you click the next button, the plugin manager looks at the components and dependencies needed to install TestNG.
If it finds any missing dependencies, it will give you an error or warning message. After completing those, only you can install TestNG without any issues.
- Choose the “I accept the terms of the license agreement” radio button, and after that, click the finish button to complete the installation process.
- You may get some other dialog windows that may encounter security warnings. So, in the dialog blog, click OK.
- After successful installation, you will get a prompt dialog box that mentions restarting Eclipse.
- Click Yes to restart the Eclipse.
- After successfully installing it, you can verify whether the TestNG is appropriately installed by right-clicking on the project. See in the list if you are finding the TestNG option is displaying or not. If you can see the TestNG, that means TestNG is successfully installed on your machine.
That’s all about how you can install TestNG on your local machine. After following the above steps, if you still face problems, let us know in the comment section, and we will try to help install TestNG on your local machine.