Install TestNG in Eclipse: The Installation of TestNG in Eclipse IDE is an easy and straight forward process because it comes as a plugin. There are some Prerequisites for installing TestNG that are an Internet connection, and Eclipse should be installed.
If your local machine eclipse is not installed, then you can follow our article where we have mentioned how you can install Eclipse on your won.
How to Install TestNG in Eclipse
We try to share with step by step with the image so that you can get it how you can add TestNG on your Project or with Eclipse. You need to follow the steps to install successfully.
- Launch Your Eclipse Editor, which you have saved on your local machine.
- After successfully Launch, go to the Help menu, and from there, choose “Install New Software” options and click on that. When you click on that, you will get an install popup.
- In the install dialog, you can find the Add button – click “Add” button.
- After clicking on the add button, you will get another Add Repository dialog, and There you will get two textboxes (Name, Location). In the Name Text box, enter the Name, which is TestNG, and in the location text box, you need to enter “http://beust.com/eclipse/” as location, and after that, click OK.
- When you came back to the previous install dialog, you can find TestNG options. So Select the checkbox which is present beside Testing, and after that, click the “Next” button. Once you click the next button, then the plugin manager starts looking at the required components and dependencies which are needed to install TestNG. If it found any missing dependencies, then it will give you an error or warning message. After complete those, only you can install TestNG without any issue.
- Choose “I accept the terms of the license agreement” radio button, and after that, click the finish button to complete the installation process.
- You may get some other dialog window that may encounter security warnings. So in the dialog blog, click OK.
- After successful installation, you will get a prompt dialog box that mentions restarting Eclipse.
- Click Yes to restart the Eclipse.
- After Successfully install you can verify that the TestNG is appropriately installed or not by Right-click on the project and See in the list you are finding the TestNG option is displaying or not. If you can see the TestNG, that means TestNG is successfully installed on your machine.
That’s all about how you can install TestNG on your local machine. If, after following the above steps, if you are still facing problems, then let us know that in the comment section and will try to help to install TestNG on your local machine.