Docker Interview Questions And Answers: If you’re looking for questions to help you prepare for a job interview in Docker, you’re in the right place. There are many opportunities from reputable companies all over the world. This means there’s still room for advancement in your career as a Docker engineer. We’ve gathered some advanced Docker Interview Questions that will help you during your interview and land your dream job as a Docker engineer!
|Post On:||Docker Interview Questions|
|Post Type:||Interview Questions|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Get Updates:||Software Testingo Telegram Group|
We’ve compiled a collection of Docker interview questions and answers to prepare you for your next job interview. These questions are suitable for experienced, intermediate, and primary levels.
If you’re interviewing for a job that uses Docker, you’ll want to be prepared for some challenging questions. This article will give you a good overview of the questions you might be asked. You’ll feel more confident when sitting down for your interview with a little practice.
Docker Interview Questions
- What is Docker?
- What is the difference between a Docker image and Docker container?
- How will you remove an image from Docker?
- How is a Docker container different from a hypervisor?
- Can we write compose file in JSON file instead of YAML?
- Can we run multiple apps on one server with Docker?
- What are the common use cases of Docker?
- What are the main features of Docker-compose?
- What is the most popular use of Docker?
- What is the role of open-source development in the popularity of Docker?
Interview Questions On Docker
- Can you tell me something about the docker container?
- What are docker images?
- What is a DockerFile?
- Can you tell what the functionality of a hypervisor is?
- What can you tell about Docker Compose?
- Can you tell me something about the docker namespace?
- What is the docker command that lists the status of all docker containers?
- In what circumstances will you lose data stored in a container?
- What is the docker image registry?
- How many Docker components are there?
- What is a Docker Hub?
- What command can you run to export a docker image as an archive?
- What command can be run to import a pre-exported Docker image into another host?
- Can a paused container be removed from Docker?
- What command is used to check for the version of the docker client and server?
Docker Interview Questions For Experienced
- Differentiate between virtualization and containerization.
- Differentiate between COPY and ADD commands that are used in a Dockerfile.
- Can a container restart by itself?
- Can you tell the differences between a Docker Image and a Layer?
- What is the purpose of the volume parameter in a docker run command?
- Where are docker volumes stored in docker?
- What does the docker info command do?
- Can you tell me the purposes of docker-compose’s up, run, and start commands?
- What are the basic requirements for the docker to run on any system?
- Can you tell me the approach to login into the Docker registry?
- List the most commonly used instructions in Dockerfile.
- Can you differentiate between Daemon Logging and Container Logging?
- How do you establish communication between the Docker host and the Linux host?
- What is the best way of deleting a container?
- Can you tell the difference between CMD and ENTRYPOINT?
Docker Interview Questions For DevOps
- Can we use JSON instead of YAML while developing the docker-compose file in Docker?
- How many containers can you run in Docker, and what factors influence this limit?
- Describe the lifecycle of the Docker Container.
- How to use docker for multiple application environments?
- How will you ensure that container 1 runs before container 2 while using docker-compose?
Here are some questions you might be asked in a Docker interview. How many of them do you know the answer to? Let us know in the comment window below.