SQA Interview Questions: Many organizations have been outsourcing their software development projects to third-party vendors and contractors. However, this practice is not without risks and may result in substandard or even faulty software. In order to ensure that the finished product meets your expectations, you need a quality assurance (QA) team that can test the delivered software before it is delivered to your customers. Here are some of the best questions that you can ask when hiring a QA team for your company.
Software quality assurance (SQA) is a process that engineers and programmers use to ensure that the code of a software project meets its specified requirements. In other words, SQA ensures that the software code is working as intended and does not contain any errors. The interview questions for software quality assurance will help you understand the intricacies of this technical job role.
SQA Interview Questions
Updated Date: 13-12-2021
- What is the difference b/w Quality Assurance & Quality Control? Specify the roles that perform QA & QC?
- Difference B/w Validation & Verification.
- Which testing should be performed first after the build is deployed on the production server?
- How to verify that sufficient testing is performed on the build?
- Which factors are involved to decide the build health (Excellent, Good, Satisfactory, Fair & Poor)?
- If the bug is encountered by the Client and missed by the QA, how will you handle the situation?
- If the Developer is not ready to accept the bug as an issue, how will you justify the situation with a reason?
- What core skills are required to be a good QA Engineer?
- Can anyone from the development team switch to the QA because there is no pre-requisite training required? Justify with a reason?
- Define the process of the Bug life cycle followed in your organization?
- What is STCL? What is the role of QA in the phase Environment Setup? If the QA person is not part of phase Environment Setup phase, then why it is included in Life Cycle?
- What Is Agile, discussed some pros of Agile over other Development Models?
- Difference B/w Scrum and Kanban Board? Which process is considered to be more flexible?
- How to write an efficient Test Case?
- Scenario: On the login page by entering invalid Username and Password and click the login button “No Alert Shows”. Define its Severity and Priority.
- If you have a single option to choose by means of Severity and Priority what should be your answer?
- Discuss some interesting ways of testing through which you found some meaningful bugs?
- Is 100% test cases are pre-decided before testing or is there any possibility to modify the Test cases in some situation?
- Define your role in the team?
- How do you verify all the test cases have been covered and defined well?
- What is the difference b/w Postman and swagger in API Testing?
- To test the Update Service in Postman we use which method?
- What’s the purpose of using the Put Method in API Testing?
- What is Boundary Value Analysis?
- If you have a text field to test from 1 to 3000 values. Will you test all the values from 1 to 3000 or is there any technique to verify the functionality?
- What is RTM?
- How QA can help in the process of Deployment?
- Is it necessary to involve QA from the initial phase of Requirement Analysis? If Yes, How?
- What is the difference b/w Manual and Automation Testing? Explain the situation where Automation Testing goes to fails.
- Define the term QA checklist?
- What is indexing in the database?
- Define the Term Primary Key, Foreign, and Composite Key?
- What are Stored Procedures in the database?
- Write (Create, Read, Update and Delete) queries.
- What are Triggers in Database?
Note: QA must have sound knowledge of Database & Programming Concepts along with domain knowledge. Because in most of the interviews these two areas are also covered.
SQA Interview Questions for Experienced
- 1 to 100 numbers will be flashed on screen only once and you have to find the missing number
- If I want that my class should not be extended and instance cannot be created by other class then how to declare class?
- How to store multiple values in one reference?
- In cucumber, in which class you have gluecode, how many classes for gluecode and what was the program line limit for class?
- How to achieve inheritance without having interface?
- Used static data or dynamic data, what was the approach?
- On your webpage you have 4 separate tables then how will you traverse through those tables and select the buttons available in each table
- What strategies you followed while building a selenium framework from scratch?
- Without implicit wait selenium script will work or not?
- What is default polling time in explicit wait and in implicit wait?
- Which concept they have implemented in explicit and fluent wait?
- Explain abstraction and interface respect of selenium with some example
- Have you used interface in your framework other than selenium interfaces?
- How do you initialize web elements in POM? What error or exception will come if not initiated?
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) is a very important and integral part of software development. It is a systematic approach to reduce risks associated with the quality of software, which includes identifying defects in the software, evaluating the risks, and establishing appropriate mitigation strategies. SQA interview questions help you get prepared for your Sqa job interview. You can also share your own experience with this Sqa job interview question.