SQA Interview Questions: Many organizations have outsourced their software development projects to third-party vendors and contractors. However, this practice is not without risks and may result in substandard or faulty software.
To ensure that the finished product meets your expectations, you need a quality assurance (QA) team to test the delivered software before it is delivered to your customers. Here are some of the best questions you can ask when hiring a QA team for your company.
Software quality assurance (SQA) is a process that engineers and programmers use to ensure that the code of a software project meets its specified requirements. In other words, SQA ensures that the software code is working as intended and does not contain any errors. The interview questions for software quality assurance will help you understand the intricacies of this technical job role.
SQA Interview Questions
Updated Date: 13-12-2021
- What is the difference b/w Quality Assurance & Quality Control? Specify the roles that perform QA & QC.
- Difference B/w Validation & Verification.
- Which testing should be performed first after the build is deployed on the production server?
- How to verify that sufficient testing is performed on the build?
- Which factors decide the build health (Excellent, Good, Satisfactory, Fair & Poor)?
- If the bug is encountered by the Client and missed by the QA, how will you handle the situation?
- If the Developer is not ready to accept the bug as an issue, how will you justify the situation with a reason?
- What are the core skills required to be a sound QA Engineer?
- Can anyone from the development team switch to the QA because no pre-requisite training is required? Justify with a reason.
- Define the process of the Bug life cycle followed in your organization.
- What is STCL? What is the role of QA in the phase Environment Setup? If the QA person is not part of phase Environment Setup phase, then why is it included in Life Cycle?
- What Is Agile? Discussed some pros of Agile over other Development Models.
- What are the differences between Scrum and Kanban Board? Which process is considered to be more flexible?
- How to write an efficient Test Case?
- Scenario: On the login page, enter an invalid Username and Password and click the login button “No Alert Shows.” Define its Severity and Priority.
- What should be your answer if you have a single option to choose Severity and Priority?
- Discuss some exciting ways of testing through which you found some meaningful bugs.
- Is 100% of test cases pre-decided before testing, or is there any possibility of modifying the Test cases in some situations?
- Define your role in the team.
- How do you verify all the test cases have been covered and defined well?
- What is the difference b/w Postman and swagger in API Testing?
- To test the Update Service in Postman, we use which method?
- What’s the purpose of using the Put Method in API Testing?
- What is Boundary Value Analysis?
- Suppose you have a text field to test from 1 to 3000 values. Will you test all the values from 1 to 3000, or is there any technique to verify the functionality?
- What is RTM?
- How can QA help in the process of Deployment?
- Is it necessary to involve QA from the initial phase of Requirement Analysis? If Yes, How?
- What is the difference b/w Manual and Automation Testing? Explain the situation where Automation Testing goes to fails.
- Define the term QA checklist.
- What is indexing in the database?
- Define the terms Primary Key, Foreign, and Composite Key.
- What are Stored Procedures in the database?
- Write (Create, Read, Update and Delete) queries.
- What are the Triggers in the Database?
Note: QA must have sound knowledge of Database & Programming Concepts and domain knowledge. Because in most of the interviews, these two areas are also covered.
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) is a very important and integral part of software development. It is a systematic approach to reducing risks associated with software quality, including identifying software defects, evaluating the risks, and establishing appropriate mitigation strategies. SQA interview questions help you get prepared for your Sqa job interview. You can also share your own experience with this Sqa job interview question.