What Is Selenium Testing? Benefits of Selenium Automation Testing Tool: When an application has fully developed then every organization now days tests its product to verify the product does not have any defects. During the testing, the testers try to catch the defect before the product is released for this the manual testers come with the best manual testing process. But the test automation is the best way to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and coverage of the software testing.
Read Also: Selenium Interview Questions
In this post we are going to discuss:
- What is Selenium?
- What is Selenium Benefits
- Selenium Testing
- Benefits of Selenium
- Selenium Tutorial
Whereas the manual testers test the application by sitting in front of the computer by visiting screen by screen with various combinations of inputs. After that, they verify the output with the expected behavior of the application. So when there is some changes happen in the application then they need to do the same thing from end to end which consume more time.
Check: What is selenium webdriver?
So to avoid the time consumption and the resources effectively automation tools are introduced. So the automation testers are creating the script once and execute them to verify the functionality of the application. So when there is something changed the application then only we need to execute the test script so that we can get the execution report and from that report, we can find out the broken functionalities.
What application we can automate using Selenium Automation Testing Tool?
We can automate both Desktop based applications; Web-based application and mobile application also. When we talk about any application then that mainly consist of the 3 layers
- Front End
- Back End
In this post, we are going to discuss selenium, so as we know it is an open source tool which is used for automating the application but by using selenium we can test the front end only. Before entering into more deep let’s discuss or find out a few basics things about selenium:
Read Also: Selenium Webdriver Architecture
- According to Wikipedia, it was originally developed by Jason Huggins in 2004 as an internal tool at Thought Works.
- We can automate web-based application using selenium
- Selenium is a set of tools and each has a different approach in test automation.
- Selenium is an open sources automation tools by which we can automate web-based application across different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, ie, opera and also support different platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
- It is not a single tool it’s a suite because it is combinations of multiple tools like Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE), Selenium Remote Control (RC), Selenium Web driver & Selenium Grid.
- It can be integrated with tools such as TestNG & JUnit for managing test cases and generating reports.
- It can be also integrated with Maven, Jenkins & Docker to achieve continuous integration testing.
- We can prepare the test scripts by using any of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, Perl &.Net
- It is not possible to perform testing on images but we can automate by integrating with Sikuli for image-based testing
- There is no native reporting facility available. But we can overcome that issue by integrating it with frameworks like TestNG or JUnit
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about this topic discussed above then you can use our contact us page.