Paytm Testing Interview Questions [ 23.02.2021 ]
Company Name: Paytm
Company Location: Noida, India
Paytm interview question:
- Given a camel case string, count the number of total words in it (for eg: string=”thisIsAString”, total words here are 4) and write all the test cases for it also.
- How to read the latest error log from a 1GB file in UNIX.
- Difference between @BeginTest and @BeginMethod.
Paytm Automation Interview Questions [ 28.01.2021 ]
There is 3 round of interview questions. I have also try to share the answer which I have given during the interview. Correct me if I am wrong.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Different HTTP Methods you are aware of in API Testing.
GET: Fetches a resource from the server
POST: Creates a new resource on the server.
PUT: Updates an existing resource on the server.
DELETE: Deletes a resource on the server
PATCH: Updates an existing resource on the server.
- Commonly used Status Codes for API Testing.
400: Bad Request
404: Not Found
500: Internal Server Error
503: Service Unavailable
- Explain your project framework? (this question is asked in all rounds)
- Git Commands for pushing code to the repository. ( What the interviewer meant was to tell him the process I follow from cloning the repository to push the code and creating a pull request. )
a) git clone “repo-url”
b) git checkout -b “branch-name” //for creating a branch
c) make changes to the code.
d) git add . //add those changes(or staging)
e) git commit -m”commit message”
f) git push
g) Creating a pull request from the Github UI to merge the branch to master.
- Different types of waits in Selenium.
- What happens If I put both implicit and explicit code in my selenium code?
Ans: I was like we should not use both waits together according to Selenium official documentation.
- Difference b/w Delete and truncate.
Ans: DELETE: The contents of the table cannot be rolled back. It’s permanently deleted
TRUNCATE: The table’s data is temporarily deleted and can be rolled back if required.
- SQL query to select rows in which the date is greater than a particular date.
Ans: SELECT * from table_name WHERE date_col > ‘date’
- SQL query to select only rows that don’t have values in a particular column.
Ans: SELECT * from table_name WHERE col_name IS NULL;
- Test cases for Software Testing Interview Questionsbooking movie tickets.
- Test Cases for login functionality(both UI and API)
- Java program to count occurrences of words in a String.(Click to view program)
Round 2 :
- What is Kafka? (Mentioned in my resume)
- What is API? With Example?
Ans: API(Application Programming Interface) is an interface between two applications. Therefore it enables us to transfer data between these two applications.For Example: In a Client-Server architecture, the Client requests data from a server and the server responds with the requested data.You might be wondering where API is?
API can be sitting on the server:
1. Taking your request
2. Feting data from the database.
3. Returning you the response
Hence acting as an interface between your request and the database.
- Difference between status codes 410 and 403
Ans: 401: Unauthorized Access. This means you are not able to login to the application because of a wrong username or password.
403: Forbidden. This means you are already logged in to the application but don’t have permission to access the resource.
- Difference between 500 and 503
Ans: 500: Internal Server Error i.e., the server is not able to handle your request.
503: Service Unavailable i.e., the server is available but the service is not available.
- Difference Between PUT and Patch
Ans: Both are used for updating a resource on the server.
PUT: Replaces the whole object
PATCH: Replaces a particular field of an object
- What is Group By and Having
- Types of Joins in SQL
Ans: LEFT JOIN: Returns all records from the left table, and the matched records from the right table
RIGHT JOIN: Returns all records from the right table, and the matched records from the left table
INNER JOIN: Returns records that have matching values in both tables.
OUTER JOIN: Returns all records when there is a match in either the left or right table
- Write a program to print the reverse of a string in Java. (Click to see program)
- Write a Java program to print a number of pairs of a particular number.
Output: 2 (1 pair of 1 and 1 pair of 4).
- Basic Test Cases for Shopping Cart.
- Test Cases for Payment Gateway
- Projects you have worked on and y
- our accomplishments.
- Write a Java program to print the reverse of words in a string.
Input: Hello World
Output: olleH dlroW
Shared By: Rohit Dev
Paytm Interview Experience (Senior SDET Role)
It was a great experience in Paytm, and they tested the candidate which they exactly want.
Telephonic Round :
- About the current work?
- The stock buy-sell problem?
Ans: I gave a solution in O(n2) first, and the interviewer asked me to optimize it, and I did that. You have to give an optimized solution to proceed further.
I called for a F2F interview.
- I coded and executed an email service.
You have a client-server architecture. In between client and server, you have your application. Given each server has a success probability factor `x`(0 to 1), You are supposed to come up with logic so that you decide which server among all the active servers would process your request and give back the response to your application, which in turn is displayed to the user. Design and Develop your application after that.
- Given an array of size n, find the min of (max of k number – min of k number) where k
- Given a file containing words, find k most frequent words?
- Stack Implementation if Parallel request comes (Use Synchronized block) and Other Problem-solving.
Round 4 & 5:
- Some normal discussion with HR and CTO, both are nice in talking.
Paytm QA Interview Questions
- What is the correct sequence of keywords in SQL? From, where, select.
Answer: Select from where
- What is the use of ‘Between’ in SQL?
Answer: It is used for Range
- Where command reduces the number of rows or columns in a result?
- SQL is a?
a) programming language b) data Sublanguage c) DBMS d) Operating System.
Answer: Data Sublanguage
- Find the Query with correct syntax.
a)select * from in table where the value in = ” ”
b) select * in from table where value=” Paytm interview questions.”
c) select * from table where the value(“Paytm interview questions”);
d) select * From table where the value in(‘Paytm interview questions’)
- The command which is used to update data in a database is?
a) DDL b) DCL c) DML d) none
Answer: c) DML
- Unix What option will be used so that the file is saved and doesn’t exist in vi editors?
- Which grep command can find these patterns ‘Bob,’ BoB,’ ‘BOB,’ ’BOb’ from a file called cat.txt?
Answer: grep ‘B[oO][bB]’ cat.txt
- Which sed command can replace all occurrences of the cat with the mouse in a file a.txt?
Answer: sed ‘s/cat/mouse/g’ a.txt
- Which command can you print the 32nd line of a Unix file?
Answer: head -32 file.txt|tail -1 Selenium
- Which command is used to send the text to a textbox?
- Which does WebDriver support the default browser?
- WebDriver is used for? a) Quickly create test cases b) create cases in Selenese
- Which command is used to verify the title?
- Which command is used to compare table data in selenium?
- Which of these is not a locator? a) classname b) id c) XPath d) password
- A father told his son that I was as old as you are today when you were born. Father’s age is 38 now. What was the son’s age 5 years ago?
- What are some of the factors which are not considered in exit criteria?
a) Logging of the outcome of test execution b) Reporting of data c) Matching of data from exit criteria was able to remember only these questions. The questions in the online test were easy if you have used Unix, database, and basics of selenium
Second round – Face to Face
- How can you know the number of tables in a database?
- Write a program to open Gmail in selenium? The program you wrote to open Gmail will work on Windows, Ubuntu, but may not work on Linux/Unix. Why?
Answer: because these OS does not have the UI for the browser, so you may need to include some libraries
- Write a Unix command which will print all lines in a file that are before “Paytm interview questions”? For example. :- suppose this text is present on the 5th line, then all the lines before, i.e. 1 to 4 should be printed. Answer: grep with -A option
- What is the use of groovy scripting?
- What are the assertions in Groovy scripting?
- How can you run selenium programs from a CLI (Command-line interface)?
- How can you run a SOAP project from a CLI?
- You want to run an API, but before that, you need to check if 4 services on 4 different servers are running? So what you will do? Will you write a script in Unix on those servers, or you will write in Java from where you are doing your automation? Can you write a wrapper in Java for this? What are all the arguments you will pass to the wrapper class?
- What is Memory Leak Testing (Since it was written in my resume)?
- How in java do we make sure memory leak does not happen?
- Some questions on the automation framework I have worked on?
- What will you do so that your Soap Project runs at 0200 am at night?
For the Soap Project to run at night at 0200 am you need to make sure that the Web server and database server
- Your selenium script is not able to find an element on a page that was working fine earlier. What are the possible reasons? Name, id, etc. is still the same.
- Write a Unix command to kill a process.
- What is the signal used during a kill command?
Read Also: Altimetrik Interview Questions
Paytm Developer Interview Questions
SoftwareTestingo Blog has helped me a lot. To help other students, I would like to share my experience.
Tech Round 1:
- How will you balance a binary search tree?
- Implement two stacks in an array. The interviewer was confused about questions, so he doesn’t ask about it?
- The other question was given a 2-dimensional array in which the elements are either ‘x’ or ‘o’. Replace all ‘o’ with ‘x’ if the top, bottom, right, and left elements are ‘x.’ I did it using two traversals. In the first traversal, I replaced ‘o,’ which satisfies the constraint with some arbitrary value ‘y’, and then replaced all ‘y’ with ‘x’ in the second traversal.
- I was asked if I was aware of any version control software. I said I knew about git and svn. He asked me to tell you the difference between git merge and rebase. He asked me how you would implement your version control software. I told him I would implement it using the MD5 algorithm. I would see if hash values are different and then point accordingly that there have been some changes in the local repository. He did not want me to tell the entire design, and he was satisfied with my answer, and the time was up for the interview.
Tech Round 2:
- function f2x () generate numbers 0 and 1 with equal probability Design a function f4x () that will generate 0,1,2,3 with equal probability.
- Given a number, find the next greatest palindrome.
- Question on database design and SQL query.
Tech Round 3:
- How the friend’s list is maintained on Facebook.
- Suppose when the user chooses the PayTm wallet as an option for a payment Using BookMyShow, what happens in the backend. Explain the whole process and consider all methods which could happen during the process (Hint – he was trying to get into API)
PayTM Interview Process
Company: One97 Communication(Paytm)
Profile: Software Developer Java
Interview process: Written paper(technical) + 3 Tech interview
Technical Interview Questions:
- Wap to get the height of a BST?
- Implement merge-sort?
- What are threads and multi-threads?
- Give two ints, return index(0 based) of it if it is present in another int. For eg. int a = 34, int b = 12345. The function must return 2 since 34 starts in 12345 at index 2.
- Implement a pattern matching dictionary using Trie?
- Deadlock and synchronization?
- Given an array of integers and an integer k. Returns the pairs that subtract result int k. Example: 3,6,10,13. , k=3
- You have a 5-quart jug and 3-quart jug, and an unlimited supply of water (but no measuring cups). How would you come up with exactly four quarts of water?
- You are trying to cook an egg for exactly 15 minutes, but instead of a timer, you are given two ropes that burn for exactly 1 hour each. The ropes, however, are of uneven densities – e.g., half the rope length-wise might take only 2 minutes to burn?
I would like to thanks CFC for maintaining such a website and explaining programming in such a nice way. Thanks, Rajkamal, for sharing your experience.