IBM Selenium interview Questions: The most important part of preparing for an interview is practice. Knowing what job interview questions you might be asked is essential – that way, you can craft your answers well in advance, and feel confident in your responses when the pressure is on.
Wouldn’t it be great if you knew exactly what interview questions are asked for the Test Engineer, QA for Manual & Automation Positions, We can’t read minds, unfortunately, but we’ll give you the next best thing: a list of previously asked IBM interview questions and answers.
We have tried to share some of the IBM manual testing interview questions, selenium interview questions & testing interview questions also, but we are recommending spending some quality time to get comfortable with what might be asked when you go for the IBM Selenium interview.
Still, we need you are love and support to make this platform more helpful to our fellow testers. So it would be great if you will share your recent interview questions and experience with us. You Can share those details by connecting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|For Updates Join||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group|
|Interview Location||Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune India|
IBM Bangalore Company Interview Questions
Company Location: Bangalore, India
Interview Date: 02.11.2021
Updated on: 10.11.2021
Round 1: Cognitive ability
Round 2: Hackerrank Test
- Write a java program to take a string and return the duplicate characters as a String
- Write a java program to reverse a string
- 20 MCQs based on Selenium and Java
Round 3: Technical Round
- Explain OOPS concepts. How did you implement each one of them in your framework?
- How do you take screenshots? Explain the code.
- How do you read data from Excel? Explain the code.
- Implicit vs Explicit wait
- What are the main features of cucumber? Explain how you implemented Cucumber/BDD framework in your project.
- How do you handle frames n alerts?
- How to drag and drop? What other activities can you do using the Actions class?
- How do you handle dynamic web tables?
- How do you push/maintain scripts in git?
- Explain what all can be integrated into Jenkins? How does it work?
- How to run tests in parallel in TestNG?
- What are collections in Java? Why do we have them? What all have you used in your framework?
- Mention some exceptions that you faced. How did you overcome them?
- What kind of activities can be performed in the ‘finally’ block?
- Explain how to generate reports.
- Explain your experience with Automating API.
IBM Selenium Bangalore Interview Questions
Company Location: Bangalore, India
Updated on: 16.03.2020
- Suppose you come to the office in the morning, due to any critical reason you have to run test suites but your IDE(Eclipse, IntelliJ, VScode, etc.) is crashing, also you don’t have Jenkins build or any other external test runner tool in your organization to run the test. What will be your first step? How will you run test suites/cases?
- Consider your team is new to the organization, planning to build new software and for that, you
- have to write an automation framework. What will be your first step? How will you build a framework?
- What is the difference between the click() function in the webelement interface and the click() function in the Actions class?
- What is the difference between the Actions class and the Action interface?
- Is it possible to change the behavior of a test at runtime?
- Consider you are only allowed to use css locator, how will you find the parent/grandparent of a web element?
- When determining the length of any given array a, a.length is used, and to find the length of any Arraylist al, al.size() is used. To find the length of the array variable is used whereas for ArrayList function is used. Why?
- Have you heard about lazy initialization? If yes, where it is used, and what are the advantages?
- Have you ever used the Maven SureFire plug-in? If yes, where and why?
- Consider you have to write a test/suite for different environments(dev, preproduction, production) and pass different sets of data for each environment. How will you do it using the maven file(Pom.xml)?
IBM Selenium Interview Questions Selenium EGL Bangalore – April:
Welcome to another post of interview question category, where we are sharing the latest IBM real-time interview questions, manual testing test cases, interview-related programs, and other tutorials.
IBM Selenium System Test Round
Automation Scripting Test
question Paper Code -A
Duration: 2 Hours
- Launch the browser
- Launch www.gmail.com
- Sign in to Gmail
- Credentials (email@example.com Password: Testibmuser#1)
- Compose one test email
- Send email to yourself or any other mail id
- Compose and send 3 emails with the same message subject to yourself.
- Delete the first 2 emails from Inbox with the same message subject
- Login to Gmail
- Change Gmail settings and blacklist a few email address [Settings->Filters & Blocked Addresses
- Whitelist the blacklisted email addresses.
IBM Interview Round 1: 2 interviewer
- The logic behind finding max and min of two numbers without writing any if-else statement
- Debugging a written code with for loop, header, attribute
- Debugging a system where data is flowing from frontend to DB via different stages
- SQL for join conditions.
- Nested select statement
- Scenario-based questions to find out test condition and test cases
- Testing techniques to be used for a migration project where requirements are not documented
- Educational background, Career path, and few questions based on the situation
- Security testing related questions
IBM Interview Round 2: 1 interviewer
- Current Project Architecture
- Finding the test scenario for a given workflow where people are getting registered for Marathon than live marathon tracking is happening then, results are getting published
- Test condition for Copy paste from one server to another server.
- Flag testing when a user tried to login incorrectly three times
- Roles and responsibilities
- Testing techniques like state transition, boundary value.
- Backend testing
- Compatibility testing
- Acceptance testing
- For a particular situation what are the “xyz” testing scenarios
Round 3: 2 interviewer
- Career path.
- What is your strategy to switch every 2 yrs?
- Mobile testing on Android and iOS asked the question related to my project
- Difference between the post and put API
- Rest API related questions
- How portal and mobile do communicate
- Notification testing on an Android application. Push and in-app notification
- Regression around push notifications
- Fingerprint authentication for Android app
- The scenario for mobile testing situational
Check Also: IBM Interview Questions
IBM Interview Common Questions in all rounds
- Usability of automating an application.
- Based on what condition you will find out test cases for automation
- Specialty in engineering
- Any questions for us
- Are you ready to work on any product or do you have the constraint
1st round- Machine Test
- Three scenarios that need to be automated
- What is an abstract class and have you used it in your project?
- What are the hashmap and its internal working?
- How to iterate hashmap
- Exceptional handling- can we have multiple catches for the same try and how it is written
- If an exception occurs in finally block what will happen
- And how you will handle that exception
- Cucumber – what is the glue keyword
- How to test runner file works.
- Why use maven
- TestNG – what will execute first before method or beforeTest
IBM Selenium Questions Updated On 26.04.2018
- Bug life cycle?
- What are the build and release?
- What are the points you remember while writing test cases?
- Difference between bug blockage and bug release?
- Test cases for the bottle and the mobile?
- About project?
- What is non-functional testing?
- Stress testing
- Sparx matrix
- Oops concepts
- Difference between final finalize
- Few more basic questions of selenium I don’t remember 2-3questions
IBM Selenium Career ( Manyata Tech Park -Bangalore)
- Explain your framework?
- How to do grouping? With code?
- How to handle different pop-ups?
- Difference between string and string buffer?
- What is the difference between abstract class and interface?
- Difference between final, finally, finalize?
- Difference between a normal class and a final class?
- How to handle frames without having any attributes?
- Difference between smoke and sanity testing?
- QA process you follow?
- Adapter design in java?
IBM Telephonic Round Interview Questions
1st Round Telephonic
- What is your specification?
- What type of projects you handled & the modules did you come across?
- Can you explain your framework?
- Why Review is required, & who is involved?
- Difference between class and object?
- Difference between Thread.Sleep() & selenium.Setspeed ()?
2nd Round F2F
- Tell me about yourself?
- Difference between inner join & outer join?
- Write a program to check whether a year is a leap year or not.
- What bug tracking tool you used & how you work on that.
- Write a program for binary search?
- OOPS, concepts…& real-time examples….?
- What is assertion…& what are the types you used.
- Where to use hashmap & where hash table?
- Xpath QnA……?
- Along with XPath, what different methods you used?
- Why is string immutable?
- Some questions from SQL, join, alter, drop, delete?
- Find the first four greatest salaries in the employee table?
- Same question, again, if three employees have the highest salary? Then how we fetch?
- Manual Questions.
3rd tech F2F with a panel of 3 members
- Agile phases?
Ans: 1.concept, 2.inception, 3.construction, 4.Release, 5.Production 6.Retirement
- How you select cases for regression testing.
- Write a program to see the output as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3.
- Difference between Volatile & transient?
- Final & finally difference, Example?
- Do you have an idea of Enumeration?
- How to handle different windows?
- The return type of getwindowhandles()?
- String reverse.
- Find only those students who scored the 4th highest mark. Ans use’ Minus.’
- Manual QnA conceptual 5-6 questions? I.e., V&V vs. Agile, test case templates…Etc
- How you work with SVN.
- Questions regarding file attachment?
- What is the execution order???
- Can we start from 0 ie.prority=0; can we give priority= -12 i.e. –ve no????
- What difference do you see when working with a different browser? (except set up or configuration level)
- While you got any issues that something working fine in FF but not in, I.e., At that time what you‘ll do? Will you change the code for different browsers.
- Few common questions are already repeated in different interviews. i.e., TestNG, SSL handle, frame handle, working with dynamic web list, auto it, apache poi questions….etc
- 3-4 questions from QC.
- There is a round-shaped cake, and I need eight equal pieces, you have an option to cut the cake three times?
- How about your weaknesses?
- If we say directly, you are rejected, then what’s your reaction?
4th Round. _MGR+hr
- All questions regarding the process followed in the organization
- projects & modules
- Basic, depth manual question with a real-time example, like After you receive the build, what is the next stage you will do? and: go with smoke 1st, then.; Agile, Build, Rtm, Daily schedule in office, etc. (easy because daily we do the same thing in off., so prepare for these types )
- High priority, low severity, Lp Hs, HS HP…examples(except text, image..Don’t say these issues)
- Do you know SQL injection,
- Have you ever use PURGE, Flash. Back Query…
- File handling questions.
- Database handling.
- File attachment without Auto it? The advantage of using the Page Object Model in Selenium?
- As a tester, what difference you see in a product-based & Service based company.
- Bug life cycle.
- Automation lifecycle.
- How to import files in QC.
- 4-5 questions on QC. (Dashboard, test plan…etc)
- Why you choose testing, not development & that to selenium automation. My answer: Testing is meant for only smart peoples; development needs dedication. Testing is meant for quality, & I believe in quality, not in quantity……& so on.
IBM Face to Face Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Tell me about your project?
- Explain the Agile Method?
- Regression, sanity, compatibility, STLC?
- Write a login code using the page factory?
- Is that necessary to create Generic Lib? For every project?
- Write code for the screenshot?
- What are the technical challenges you have faced?
- What are build and release?
- Difference between Hashmap, HashTable, and ArrayList?
- Why do we use to wait for the statement?
- Which model have you followed in your company?
- Then they gave three different Applications with Scenarios and asked me to Automate that?
- Oops, concept?
- How to verify a particular image and its size on a webpage?
- How to find Invisible elements on a web page? write sample code
- How to verify whether an element is present or not in a web page? write code
- How to generate logs?
- How to handle dynamically changing ids/elements?
- Diff b/w Assert and Verify?
- How to handle internationalization using selenium webdriver