IBM Selenium Interview Questions Selenium EGL Bangalore – April:
Welcome to another post of interview question category, where we are sharing the latest IBM real-time interview questions, manual testing test cases, interview related programs, and other tutorials.
IBM Selenium System Test Round
Automation Scripting Test
question Paper Code -A
Duration: 2 Hours
- Launch the browser
- Launch www.gmail.com
- Sign in to Gmail
- Credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org Password: Testibmuser#1)
- Compose one test email
- Send email to yourself or any other mail id
- Compose and send 3 emails with the same message subject to yourself.
- Delete the first 2 emails from Inbox with the same message subject
- Login to Gmail
- Change Gmail settings and blacklist few email address [Settings->Filters & Blocked Addresses
- Whitelist the blacklisted email addresses.
IBM Interview Round 1: 2 interviewer
- The logic behind finding max and min of two numbers without writing any if-else statement
- Debugging a written code with for loop, header, attribute
- Debugging a system where data is flowing from frontend to DB via different stages
- SQL for join conditions.
- Nested select statement
- Scenario-based questions to find out test condition and test cases
- Testing techniques to be used for a migration project where requirements are not documented
- Educational background, Career path and few questions based on the situation
- Security testing related questions
IBM Interview Round 2: 1 interviewer
- Current Project Architecture
- Finding the test scenario for a given workflow where people are getting registered for Marathon than live marathon tracking is happening then, results are getting published
- Test condition for Copy paste from one server to another server.
- Flag testing when a user tried to login incorrectly three times
- Roles and responsibilities
- Testing techniques like state transition, boundary value.
- Backend testing
- Compatibility testing
- Acceptance testing
- For a particular situation what are the “xyz” testing scenarios
Round 3: 2 interviewer
- Career path.
- What is your strategy to switch in every 2 yrs
- Mobile testing on Android and iOS asked the question related to my project
- Difference between the post and put API
- Rest API related questions
- How portal and mobile do communicate
- Notification testing on an Android application. Push and inApp notification
- Regression around push notifications
- Fingerprint authentication for Android app
- The scenario for mobile testing situational
Check Also: Digital Harbor Interview Questions
IBM Interview Common Questions in all rounds
- Usability of automating an application.
- Based on what condition you will find out test cases for automation
- Specialty in engineering
- Any questions for us
- Are you ready to work on any product or do you have the constraint
1st round- Machine Test
- Three scenarios that need to be automated
- What is an abstract class and have you used it in your project
- What are the hashmap and its internal working?
- How to iterate hashmap
- Exceptional handling- can we have multiple catches for the same try and how it is written
- If an exception occurs in finally block what will happen
- And how you will handle that exception
- Cucumber – what is glue keyword
- How to test runner file works.
- Why use maven
- TestNG – what will execute first before method or beforeTest
IBM Selenium Questions Updated On 26.04.2018
- Bug life cycle?
- What are the build and release?
- What are the points you remember while writing test cases?
- Difference between bug blockage and bug release?
- Test cases for the bottle and the mobile?
- About project?
- What is non-functional testing?
- Stress testing
- Sparx matrix
- Oops concepts
- Difference between final finalize
- Few more basic questions of selenium I don’t remember 2-3questions
IBM Selenium Career ( Manyata Tech Park -Bangalore)
- Explain your framework?
- How to do grouping? With code?
- How to handle different pop-ups?
- Difference between string and string buffer?
- What is the difference between abstract class and interface?
- Difference between final, finally, finalize?
- Difference between a normal class and a final class?
- How to handle frames without having any attributes?
- Difference between smoke and sanity testing?
- QA process you follow?
- Adapter design in java?
Check Also: Wells Fargo Interview Questions
IBM Telephonic Round Interview Questions
1st Round Telephonic
- What is your specification?
- What type of projects you handled & the modules did you come across?
- Can you explain your framework?
- Why Review is required, & who are involved?
- Difference between class and object?
- Difference between Thread.Sleep() & selenium.Setspeed ()?
2nd Round F2F
- Tell me about yourself?
- Difference between inner join & outer join?
- Write a program to check whether a year is a leap year or not.
- What bug tracking tool you used & how you work on that.
- Write a program for binary search?
- OOPS concepts…& real-time examples….?
- What is assertion…& what are the types you used.
- Where to use hashmap & where hash table?
- Xpath QnA……?
- Along with XPath, what different methods you used?
- Why is string immutable?
- Some questions from SQL, join, alter, drop, delete?
- Find the first four greatest salaries in the employee table?
- Same question, again, if three employees have the highest salary? Then how we fetch?
- Manual Questions.
3rd tech F2F with a panel of 3 members
- Agile phases?
Ans: 1.concept, 2.inception, 3.construction, 4.Release, 5.Production 6.Retirement
- How you select cases for regression testing.
- Write a program to see the output as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3.
- Difference between Volatile & transient?
- Final & finally difference, Example?
- Do you have an idea of Enumeration?
- How to handle different windows?
- The return type of getwindowhandles()?
- String reverse.
- Find only those students who scored the 4th highest mark. Ans use’ Minus.’
- Manual QnA conceptual 5-6 questions? I.e., V&V vs. Agile, test case templates…Etc
- How you work with SVN.
- Questions regarding file attachment?
- What is the execution order???
- Can we start from 0 ie.prority=0; can we give priority= -12 i.e. –ve no????
- What difference do you see when working with a different browser? (except set up or configuration level)
- While you got any issue that something working fine in FF but not in, I.e., At that time what you‘ll do? Will you change the code for different browsers.
- Few common questions which are already repeated different interviews. i.e., TestNG, SSL handle, frame handle, working with dynamic web list, auto it, apache poi questions….etc
- 3-4 questions from QC.
- There is a round-shaped cake, and I need eight equal pieces, you have an option to cut the cake three times?
- How about your weaknesses?
- If we say directly, you are rejected, then what’s your reaction?
4th Round. _MGR+hr
- All questions regarding the process followed in the organization
- projects & modules
- Basic, depth manual question with a real-time example, like After you receive the build, what is the next stage you will do? and: go with smoke 1st, then.; Agile, Build, Rtm, Daily schedule in office, etc. (easy because daily we do the same thing in off., so prepare for these types )
- High priority, low severity, Lp Hs, HS HP…examples(except text, image..Don’t say these issues)
- Do you know SQL injection,
- Have you ever use PURGE, Flash. Back Query…
- File handling questions.
- Database handling.
- File attachment without Auto it? The advantage of using the Page Object Model in Selenium?
- As a tester, what difference you see in a product based & Service based company.
- Bug life cycle.
- Automation lifecycle.
- How to import files in QC.
- 4-5 questions on QC. (Dashboard, test plan…etc)
- Why you choose testing, not development & that to selenium automation. My answer: Testing is meant for only smart peoples; development needs dedication. Testing is meant for quality, & I believe in quality, not in quantity……& so on.
IBM Face to Face Interview Questions
- Tell me about your self?
- Tell me about your project?
- Explain the Agile Method?
- Regression, sanity, compatibility, STLC?
- Write a login code using the page factory?
- Is that necessary to create Generic Lib? For every project?
- Write code for the screenshot?
- What are the technical challenges you have faced?
- What are build and release?
- Difference between Hashmap, HashTable, and ArrayList?
- Why do we use to wait for the statement?
- Which model have you followed in your company?
- Then they gave three different Applications with Scenarios and asked me to Automate that?
- Oops, concept?
- How to verify a particular image and its size on a webpage?
- How to find Invisible elements on a web page? write sample code
- How to verify whether an element is present or not in a web page? write code
- How to generate logs?
- How to handle dynamically changing ids/elements?
- Diff b/w Assert and Verify?
- How to handle internationalization using selenium webdriver