BrowserStack interview Questions: The most important part of preparing for an interview is practice. Knowing what job interview questions you might be asked is essential – that way, you can craft your answers well in advance, and feel confident in your responses when the pressure is on.
Wouldn’t it be great if you knew exactly what interview questions are asked for the Test Engineer, QA for Manual & Automation Positions, We can’t read minds, unfortunately, but we’ll give you the next best thing: a list of previously asked BrowserStack interview questions and answers.
We have tried to share some of the manual testing interview questions, selenium interview questions & testing interview questions also, but we are recommending spending some quality time to get comfortable with what might be asked when you go for the BrowserStack interview.
Still, we need you are love and support to make this platform more helpful to our fellow testers. So it would be great if you will share your recent interview questions and experience with us. You Can share those details by connecting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BrowserStack Interview Questions
Company Name: BrowserStack
Company Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Updated on: 10.07.2021
This round comprises a practical technical test that the candidate is expected to complete in 2 hours.
- Objective: Run an Automation Test session on BrowserStack’s infrastructure.
- Create a free trial account on BrowserStack to automate this test case using any programming language of your choice.
Using Selenium, load the flipkart.com desktop home page. Search for the product “Samsung Galaxy S10” on that page. On the search results click on “Mobiles” in categories. Apply the following filters (in the filters section on the left-hand side):
- Brand: Samsung
- Select Flipkart assured
- Sort the entries with Price -> High to Low.
- Read the set of results that show up on page 1.
- Create a list with the following parameters, and print this on the console.
- Product Name
- Display Price
- Link to Product Details Page
- Please configure such that the same test case is run in parallel on different desktop browser / OS combinations, using the 5 parallels of your free trial account on BrowserStack Automate product.
Optional: Configure a Jenkins CI job locally for this test and run these parallels from Jenkins.
Browser Stack Interview Questions
- How will you fetch test data from Excel Sheet in Parallel Testing in Data-Driven Framework?
Ans: In data provider, we should declare parallel=true and in XML, we should declare data-provider-thread-count=<number of threads>
- How to define driver in Parallel Testing when using Parallel Keyword in TestNG XML file?
Ans: You should declare webdriver in threadlocal.
ThreadLocal<WebDriver> driver = new ThreadLocal<WebDriver>();
Then set driver.set( new ChromeDriver()); it keeps a copy of the webdriver instance for each thread so that the driver instance stays unique and does not overwrite when running parallel.
- How to maintain URL links of different Environments(like – Dev, QA, PROD, etc) while designing Framework
Ans: You can maintain properties or JSON files and call the URL based on the environment.
- What is the major drawback of a Data-Driven Framework?
Ans: Let’s assume you are automating a regression pack for a flight booking then you will have to try various types of bookings but have to traverse through the same page then a data-driven approach may be better in another case you have included left nav menu in all pages, in that case, the data-driven approach may not be the right choice or you are trying to automate the small change made in a sprint so data-driven may not be the choice so according to me using data-driven in the wrong scenario is the bad approach. Another thing is if you have 10 data to iterate and the 5th set of data failed then retry has to start from the beginning