SnapDeal Software Development Engineer In Test Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snapdeal (Gurgaon, Haryana). 2 Round was on developing the automation framework approaches and general java-based algorithm to some complex variations to puzzle you.
- Find the first non-repetitive element in an array.
- Implement a test Automation framework for the Gmail login page.
- How do you test the search functionality of Snapdeal? Include category-based searches as well. What tests you will automate and what tests you will not automate.
- Youtube video(audio is audible and rest all r working fine) doesn’t show up only in Firefox browser.how would you debug this issue.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why do you want to join snapdeal?
Snapdeal Interview Process
Position: Software Developer
- The first round was online written round. It consists of 25 Questions.
- 22 MCQ’s and 3 Coding questions. Written Test was conducted by hackerrank.
- Check for balanced parentheses in an expression.
- Given an array where each element is the money a person has, and there is only Rs. 3 note. We need to check whether it is possible to divide the money equally among all the persons or not. If it is possible, then find the Minimum number of transactions needed.
- Find the next greater number with the same set of digits.
F2F Technical Interview
- The diameter of a binary tree.
- C++ concept like polymorphism,inheritance,function overloading,virtual function,virtual destructor etc.
- Next greater Element (full code)
- A sorted Array has been rotated r times to the left. Find the minimum in the least possible time(O(logn) expected).
Write a program to print “Hello” and “World” infinitely using two threads, such that one thread prints the String “Hello” and the other prints “World”!
- Why sleep() cannot be used?
- Why have you used the synchronized keyword?
- How will a deadlock occur in this program?
- What will be the solution for breaking the deadlock?
- Write a program in Java to find whether a given tree is a subtree of another one or not?
Round 4: HR Round
- Tell me something about yourself?
- How were the interviews?
- How were the interview questions?
Snapdeal Campus interview Process
Recently Snapdeal came to our campus.
- 22 (MCQ) +2 (Coding) in 1 hr. Test conducted on hackerrank
- 22 MCQ had almost 10 aptitude and 12 C output based questions.
- Given a string of parenthesis only, check if it’s valid or not.
- Given points of two lines segments A(x1,y1 x2,y2) & B(x3,y3 x4,y4) find whether the 2 segments intersect or not.
- A little discussion on Final Year Project and the summer training.
- Basics of DBMS, the difference between RDBMS and DBMS, Keys and its types, indices, joins and its types with an example, normalization, and denormalization.
- A simple program to check whether a number is a palindrome or not.
- How would you design DBMS for Snapdeal’s website’s shoe section? Now if you want to break it into Sports and Casual Shoe further would you break the DB into two or add another entity?
- DNS – Domain name servers: what are they, how do they operate?
- There are two sorted arrays. First one is of size m+n containing only ‘first’ m elements. Another one is of size n and contains n elements. Merge these two arrays into the first array of size m+n such that the output is sorted.
- Find the square root of a number
I gave an iterative O(n) solution, and He told me to optimize: I did it in O(logn) with binary search.
Further, optimize to O(1): I got stuck, after a lot of discussion on different techniques he gave me a hint that he would be using my function a lot of times than I immediately told him to use hash maps and save the previous results.
If you have made till here, that means you are selected. The HR guy in snapdeal is the coolest HR I have met. He asked me the name of the companies that have hired me till now, and I gave him their names.
Snapdeal Interview Questions
I have appeared for snapdeal some time back. I am sharing my interview experience with Software Testingo.
- Lowest Common Ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree. I wrote the code for this. Then interviewer drew a tree and asked to print stack trace on it.
- You are given two ropes. Each rope takes exactly 1 hour to burn. How will you measure the period of 45 minutes?
- Singleton Design pattern.
- Two linked list are merging at a point. Find the merging point.
- The reverse linked list without recursion.
- The number of rectangles in the MxN matrix.
- All anagrams of a string. He called it an anagram, but I think he wanted to ask all possible substrings of a string.
- Which Design patterns you have used. I said Decorator, Factory, Singleton. Then he asked about the Decorator design pattern.
- Tell me about yourself. Then by looking at my resume, he said you don’t have hands-on experience in Java as I was working in php. I said though I don’t have a hands-on experience, I am good in programming and oops concepts.
- There is a four-digit number in aabb form, and it is a perfect square. Find out the number.
- You have a deck of 10 cards. You took one card out and put it on the table and put the next card at the end of the deck. You repeat this sequence until all the cards are on the table. Sequence formed on the table is 1,2,3,4,5…10. What was the original sequence of the card?
Ans: After doing some exercise i answered 1,6,2,10,3,7,4,9,5,8.
- Then he asked me to write a function for this which takes a number and return the array.
- Same tell me about yourself.
- There is a file which contains IP addresses and corresponding URL.
Example: 192.168.1.15 abc.com
You have to return the subnet mask of the IP and the URL after www.Output:
Write a Java function for that.
- 3 mislabeled jar puzzle. Since I had heard this puzzle many times, I answered it in 2-3 minutes. He said I could make out that you have heard this puzzle already 😉
- What are the inner join and outer join in SQL?
- A linked list contains a loop. Find the length of the nonlooped linked list.
Thanks, Rohit Gupta for contributing this article. If you would like to contribute, mail us your interview experience at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will like to publish it on Software Testingo and help other job seekers.