Informatica Developer Interview Questions
College: IIT Kanpur
Round 1: Online objective test
- There were questions from Operating Systems, C, Algorithms, Data Structures
Round 2: Online and subjective (C++ or JAVA). This round had 15 questions.
- Data structures, C++ questions, algorithms (DFS/BFS)
- Asked about my project? Also asked me questions about ACID properties of database and indexing in a database.
- There were also questions related to OOPS concepts including polymorphism, composition, aggregation, inheritance, Abstract classes, interface; the difference between the usage of abstract class and interface, an abstract class be instantiated, how to access child class methods having a reference of the base class.
- There was another question on run time and compiled time-binding and under which category do we classify method overloading.
- Code for deleting the duplicate nodes in a sorted link list?
- Printing root to leaf paths in a binary search tree
- Given an array of Integers, Find two elements in the array whose sum is closest to zero?
- What are virtual functions, what is their role? Are questions related to virtual functions?
- You are given the details of each transaction of each item, i.e. item_name, quantity, price. So at the end of the day, you want the top 50 items that have been sold. There are two cases:
– In the first case, you have a fixed number of items
– In the second case a very large number of items – so you need to decide what data structure to be used for this.
- How do you quickly count the number of set bits in a 32-bit integer in linear time (with respect to the number of set bits)?
- Determining the width of the binary tree, i.e. using breadth wise traversal
- Why are files preferred over databases?
Thanks, Vishal Goyal for contributing this article. If you would like to contribute, mail us your interview experience at email@example.com. We will like to publish it on Software Testingo and help other job seekers.