What you’ll learn: Getting Started With Test Automation Using Selenium
- Understand the complete test flow and role of test automation
- What, Why and How of test automation
- Getting introduced to Selenium IDE and using it
- Getting introduced to Selenium WebDriver and Grid
- How to progress further on path of skill development in Selenium
- Get Hands-on with Selenium and be on way to becoming Selenium Test Automation Expert
Familiarity with using software
This course is about getting started with learning on test automation using Selenium. We will do a quick recap on what is a typical software test flow, like starting from requirements, test case design, test execution, manual testing, writing automated test script, running automated test scripts.
We will try to delve into the what, why, and how of test automation. In light of all this we will look into how Selenium comes as a solution in solving some of the problems faced in testing. We will have an introductory experience of Selenium IDE, WebDriver, and Grid. Finally, we will look into the path to be taken going forward.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant as an introduction to software test flow and the role of test automation.
- This will help the software test engineers get an introductory perspective about using Selenium as an effective test automation tool
Ganesh Sahai is B Tech from IIT Delhi (1993) and EGMP from IIM Lucknow (amongst the top technology and management institutes in the world). He has been founder, co-founder, and founding team member of a few start-up companies and initiatives in the field of IT, Marketing, and Academics. He Worked for Adobe since 1999 for around 12 yrs.
He has led and set up many of the key testing teams from scratch for various Adobe products, like, Acrobat, Adobe Reader, AIR, CS, Tools, etc. spanning desktops, handhelds (mob. phones, etc.), hosted and enterprise area. He has worked as head of quality with one of the world’s leading gaming technology company Aristocrat Technologies. Innovation is his passion and his innovative approach has got sixteen ideas approved for patents.
Along the way, he has supported and guided people in their innovative ideas. He is the founder of “TestToBeBest” and “DoItvation” community of those interested in software testing and innovation respectively.