Test Case For Estimated Time Of Arrival: A low-level test case cannot be written based on just one line. But I can try high-level scenarios you can use to write a test case.
Assumption: estimated time of arrival for shipment/order. But still, you have to design scenarios around Calculation, Like:
|Post On:||Test Case For Estimated Time Of Arrival Formula|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Get Updates:||Software Testingo Telegram Group|
- Total time should include the estimated time to complete all the mid-phases like shipping, packing, etc.
- Also, we must ensure that when one of the phases exceeds the time, the total time should change accordingly.
- If the shipment is not on track or the initial phase exceeds the estimated time, it must show a delay notification.
- There should be some failover strategy to identify if the estimation is exceeded.
- Acknowledgment once the shipment arrives.
- Tracking information like page tracking by fetching real-time updates from courier partners.
- If provided: notification updates like email, SMS, or app notification.
What is the ETA?
Before discussing what ETA is, let’s try to know the full form of ETA. ETA stands for the estimated time of arrival.
In our everyday life, most of the time, we calculate the estimated time of arrival. For example, sometimes we tell our friends I will be there in 10 minutes. Or I want to start from your house so you can reach the cinema hall or theatre in time so you will not miss the previews.
What is the estimated time of arrival formula?
When calculating the ETA, we must consider three elements: distance, speed, and time.
- Distance is between where we are and where we plan to go. We have different measurement units for calculating the distance.
- Speed determines how fast you travel from one point to your destination.
- Time: this is what we need to solve. In every situation, we know the distance and speed.
Estimated Time of Arrival Formula
- Distance = Speed x Time
- Speed = Distance/Time
- Time = Distance/Speed