6 Vital Points to Consider For Testing Cloud Based Apps
When we are planning for testing any Cloud Based application, then with that we are getting so many other benefits like high scalability, easy availability, and more important is low cost. With the cloud, we can able to test both mobile and web applications. Because of all this, it’s a good opportunity to learn cloud testing, but whenever you test a Cloud Based application, keep in mind these six vital points.
Check Also: scrum software development life cycle
Automated Cloud Based Software Testing Tools
Cloud computing, at present, is the current advancement of the concept known as distributed computing, which can bolster on-call service associating by means of the advanced level of adaptability and dynamic versatility.
In the cloud computing environment, the scalability and flexibility can be achieved with the help of cloud load balancing of application occurrences that are functioning independently on an assortment of operating systems in addition to associated Web services.
Cloud computing highly renders the Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) for an assured period of time accessibility. The Cloud computing services are utilized by enterprises not simply to cut down the infrastructure costs, but rather to gain more competence and quickness to the process.
Some Real-World Examples of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage: Several cloud storage providers online appear to develop each day. Each contending over the measure of storage they can give to clients. They are such as Dropbox, Gmail. Dropbox, like cloud storage, enables users to get to files on any device through its application or site with up to 1 terabyte of free storage. Google’s email service provider Gmail, on the other side, gives limitless storage on the cloud.
- Marketing Cloud Platforms: A marketing cloud is throughout the digital marketing platform for clients to oversee contacts and target leads. Maropost Marketing Cloud consolidates simple marketing automation as well as hyper-targeting of leads. In the meantime, guaranteeing emails show up in the inbox, appreciation to its higher email deliverability capabilities.
- Cloud Computing In Education: Education is progressively receiving modern technology since students already are. Thus, in an endeavor to update classrooms, instructors have presented e-learning software such as SlideRocket. The SlideRocket is a platform that understudies can use to make presentations and submit them. Another tool teachers use is Ratatype, which assists students to become well-trained in typing fast and provides online typing tests to track their growth.
These examples can be seen as the philosophies and the standards of cloud computing.
Cloud Based Testing is the effective measurement activities in a Cloud Based environment as well as infrastructure by means of utilising cloud technologies and solutions. It has four key goals –
- To ensure the excellence of Cloud Based applications delivered in a cloud, consisting of their business processes, functional services as well as system scalability and performance depend on a varied application-based system needs in a cloud.
- To authenticate software as a service (SaaS) in a cloud environment, consisting of software performance, security, scalability, and measurement depend on absolute economic scales as well as pre-defined SLAs.
- To verify the granted automatic Cloud Based functional services, for instance, auto-provisioned functions.
- To analyze inter-operation capability and cloud compatibility among SaaS as well as applications in cloud infrastructure, for instance, verifying the APIs of SaaS and their cloud connectivity to others.
Cloud Testing Tools
A few of the tools utilized as a part of various types of testing executed in a cloud environment
Check Also: SDLC In Details
- Tools for Performance Testing in the Cloud are such as SOASTA CloudTest, LoadStorm, CloudTestGo, AppPerfect., Jmeter, AppPerfect, and so on.
- There are several security-related tools that are usually used, such as Nessus, Wireshark, and Nmap.
Types of Cloud-Based Test Environment
There are in total three types of cloud test environments:
- A cloud-based enterprise test environment. Under this, application vendors set up web-based applications in a cloud to authenticate their quality in a cloud infrastructure.
- A private/public cloud test environment. Under this, vendors set up SaaS applications SaaS in an individual (or public) cloud to authenticate their quality.
- A hybrid cloud test environment. Under this, vendors set up cloud-based applications on a hybrid cloud infrastructure to ensure their quality.
The Cloud-based application testing implies to the engineering activities executed to guarantee the quality of a cloud-based application crossing distinctive clouds. When applications are produced to be deployed and performed over several other clouds, new testing errands are expected to guarantee its quality. The key testing goal here is to ensure the quality of complete application beyond clouds. This proposes that the system-level integration, performance evaluation, function validation, and scalability measurement must adapt to various cloud technologies.
Six Key Points to Consider For Testing Cloud-Based Applications
- Data Security and Privacy: Cloud applications are multi-tenant in the environment due to which there is always has a risk of data theft. The cloud users should be provided with an assertion concerning the safety of their data by suppliers.
- Short Notice Period: Cloud provider provides a short notice period of (1–2 weeks) to the current customers about the advancements. This is a huge setback when manually authenticating the transformations to your SaaS application.
- Validating Interface Compatibility: With progress in Cloud service provider, now and again, the external interface is likewise advanced, which is a dare for some subscribers who are habitual of the older interface. Cloud (SaaS) subscribers require ensuring that the users can opt for the interface version they needed to work.
- Data Migration: Data migration starting with one Cloud supplier then onto the next is an excellent challenge as both providers may have diverse database schemas and it requires a great deal of shot to comprehend the relationships, data fields, and how are they mapped crosswise over SaaS application.
- Enterprise Application Integration: Enterprise application integration needs data integration approval of both outbound and inbound information, from client network to SaaS application and the other way around. Data privacy requires careful approval to guarantee SaaS subscribers regarding security as well as the privacy of data.
- Imitating Live Upgrade Testing: Cloud testing’s prime challenge is to assure that live advancement does not affect the existing connected SaaS users.
Henceforth, utilizing the cloud for testing is immeasurably helping organizations to procure the required software licenses, tools and infrastructures at a very low cost without setting it up themselves and later stress over its most extreme use.
Also, before the cloud testing would be performed, one should consider the things mentioned earlier and take care of them.